Jonsered Chainsaws

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have no doubt that if the p/c is good that 90 could be made a good looking runner. My thoughts though are- that is a $250 saw tops, with a bar and chain. So it needs to be bought at $125 or less. Unlike most, I consider shipping to be part of the actual saw price.

Yep I agree shipping is part of the total cost anyway you figure it....and buying a saw with visible trauma is always a gamble......things like case breakage can be there and unseen....

Yep it's really hard to tell about this 90.....ten minutes of parts swapping and it would look all together different. Actually on close inspection the front of the saw, including the muffler as Lee pointed out, shows only dirt...the paint is very good and the other common wear point, the trigger handle has fairly good paint too. I don't think this saw has been used a lot......by a lot I mean commercially....I would wager it's no where near as rough as it looks. I bought my real nice 80 off ebay it was rough looking, broken trigger handle hanging off it, dirty, rusty B&C.......I bought it for parts for $65 delivered.....but...I had it purring like a kitten in 2.5 hrs.....carb kit/fuel line, handle off a 49sp, a decent bar and thorough cleaning. It pulls 238 lbs of comp, runs like top and has never been apart.....didn't even have to touch the points. This could well be a diamond in the ruff for someone with courage, money and access to parts depending on how much the bidding increases...or doesn't.....
All that could true, but it sure looks like it has been run over at some point by something. And given the reluctance of the seller to answer the questions about the piston, I think $120 for this specimen was the stopping point for the astute/wary buyer......after that it's just 'must have' buying.

Kevin
I have no doubt that if the p/c is good that 90 could be made a good looking runner. My thoughts though are- that is a $250 saw tops, with a bar and chain. So it needs to be bought at $125 or less. Unlike most, I consider shipping to be part of the actual saw price.

Sent from my C811 4G using Tapatalk

I found a round air filter cover for the 80. Now I need to find the filter.
Filters are around $35+ routinely on the bay. Nice to find them cheaper, but I haven't for yrs. Those are the flocked ones.

Kevin

Yep I agree shipping is part of the total cost anyway you figure it....and buying a saw with visible trauma is always a gamble......things like case breakage can be there and unseen....
Exactly, case breakage is a real deal breaker and the scourge of eBay buying with saws. No way will you see that in pics, unless the seller is clueless. And if this saw was indeed run over, that's a distinct possibility.

Kevin

Seller of the 90 got back to me. He will check the piston but won't be able to do it for a few days. At this point though I'm pretty much out. I have a few other bids out on saws that I don't expect to win but my financial luck I'd win them all.

Seller of the 90 got back to me. He will check the piston but won't be able to do it for a few days. At this point though I'm pretty much out. I have a few other bids out on saws that I don't expect to win but my financial luck I'd win them all.

I've had that happen....bid simultaneously on stuff I didn't expect to win and won them all....lol.

Kevin

Eh . . . might as well bid. I'll probably never find the pieces I need to get my basketcase 111 running.

Besides, It'll soon skyrocket outta my price range anyway. :envy:

This kinda looks like the ONE to go for..one owner saw etc.. Everything looks to be there. You might wanna pull out all the stops for this and let yours be the donor saw. :cool:

You can always ask him in PM for compression figures and more pics etc.

Kevin

Back