Jonsered Chainsaws

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Afternoon all, I'm looking for crank bearings 504 2300 12 for a Jonsereds 111S, qty 2. I believe the bearings cross with the 910.

The faster I find these and get the saw fixed, the faster I can sell it to @bulletpruf ;)

I think you'd be better off to go to a good bearing house with one of the old bearings in hand, tell them your application and buy the best bearings you can afford. Looking for original J'red NOS bearings by parts # could be a fool's errand.

Buy the seals too there...just make sure they're double lipped.

Kevin

Afternoon all, I'm looking for crank bearings 504 2300 12 for a Jonsereds 111S, qty 2. I believe the bearings cross with the 910.

The faster I find these and get the saw fixed, the faster I can sell it to @bulletpruf ;)

The current husqvarna number for that bearing is 738220325. That bearing is the same as a 6203 c3. Parts tree currently lists the husqvarna ones as available for 13 something a piece. I am sure there are other sources as well. That is a fairly common bearing. Just make sure you get one of known quality. Don't want to go with cheap bearings on a saw like that.

View attachment 590647
View attachment 590649
This is what I'm offering up to you fellers. A nice 49sp with AV, 16" bar and chain (@50% life), runs good, idles good, cuts good. What more could you want. Lets say $80 + shipping. US only. A great firewood saw. Let me know what you think.
OOOOOOOOOOOh...............dat's Purdy.......and for that price it's a freeking score......however I have a couple that nice and many more that are in new condition mechanically but in various degrees of wear and tear.......so I'm out. But damn one of you guys should grab that quick.....or you'll be butt kickin' yer self.........all alone.. Did I evah mention....these are exceptional 49cc saws......I'm sure I must have.....LOL!!

OOOOOOOOOOOh...............dat's Purdy.......and for that price it's a freeking score......however I have a couple that nice and many more that are in new condition mechanically but in various degrees of wear and tear.......so I'm out. But damn one of you guys should grab that quick.....or you'll be butt kickin' yer self.........all alone.. Did I evah mention....these are exceptional 49cc saws......I'm sure I must have.....LOL!!

I would say there's no veiled message in your post Robin.

I don't have to stretch the truth.....they speak for themselves. When they were current their direct competition in the woods around here were the Homelight XL @54cc, the Super XL @58cc and the 10-10 series Macs @ 54cc.......the 49sp would cut circles around all of them, handled way better and was super quiet with the "revolutionary" vertical cyl and forward facing exhaust that the others lacked. All the while operating with a 5 to 9cc handicap. And not knocking the XL series.....these are/were tougher than woodpecker lips and tens of thousands are still running......just nowhere near as pleasant a saw to use day in and day out. My original 49sp that I bought new in 1977 is still my go to saw unless I need more power/bar and runs like a top after hundreds of hours of use and being completely worn out to uselessness by 1992 after over a decade and a half of putting food on my table and heat in my house during the winter months cutting hardwood firewood and softwood pulp, saw logs etc. My sawmill partner had a 70E so we made short work of large trees......he would drop and buck....and I'd limb like a son-of-a-gun to stay ahead of him.......then we'd swap saws and tasks....every couple hours....good combo....put a lot of wood up in a day......if every thing went right...LOL!!

Sorry to say that the saw is no longer available but is going to a good home. My stepson in Florida was up this way for a couple days of his vacation trip and mentioned that he doesn't have a chainsaw of his own and could use one on his property. So being the guy that I am I gave it to him to take back with him. He only has occasional use needs so this one would fit him to a T. He takes good care of his own tools so it should last him forever.

Sorry to say that the saw is no longer available but is going to a good home. My stepson in Florida was up this way for a couple days of his vacation trip and mentioned that he doesn't have a chainsaw of his own and could use one on his property. So being the guy that I am I gave it to him to take back with him. He only has occasional use needs so this one would fit him to a T. He takes good care of his own tools so it should last him forever.

Glad it went to a good home! It was really tempting me. I'm trying to hold off on any more saw purchases until I get things caught up a little bit.

Glad it went to a good home! It was really tempting me. I'm trying to hold off on any more saw purchases until I get things caught up a little bit.

Man, I hear ya there!

I know a young collector that has three early 70e's for $200. One was running and the SEM's module just failed. The other two are parts saws but mostly there. But it would be eons before I could try that external pulse capacitor trick. I think it's a damn shame that nobody has a concrete repair for the early 70e's SEM's modules....hell of a good saw to be down just because of that.

Kevin

Hey fellas -

What is the 80/90 J'red that I hear about? Is it a 90 jug and piston on an 80? Are 90 pistons and jugs still available? I don't see much 80/90/111 stuff here in Europe.

Anyway, I have an 80 here that's in reasonably good shape. It has crazy good compression (238 psi) but I'm also a fan of the "bigger is better" mentality.

Scott

Hey fellas -

What is the 80/90 J'red that I hear about? Is it a 90 jug and piston on an 80? Are 90 pistons and jugs still available? I don't see much 80/90/111 stuff here in Europe.

Anyway, I have an 80 here that's in reasonably good shape. It has crazy good compression (238 psi) but I'm also a fan of the "bigger is better" mentality.

Scott

Scott, it's only worth the effort if you find the parts cheap enough. Because buying through eBay for the 90 jug, the piston & rings, carb elbow, AF (and the top cover/AF cover if you want to do it right) are gonna approach the price of a used 90.

You could do it dirty too with the 80 top cover, a hole drilled for the 90 decomp, 90 P&C, keep the 80 carb and AF on it. Just depends on which way you wanna go; a 'sleeper' or a saw that looks like a 90.

The 'sleepers' were done quite a bit when parts were more reasonable......still a fair number of those 'conversions' out there. I don't know that I'd take a perfectly good 80 with great compression and do this....but I have an 80's and a 90's I use.....with another one of each waiting to be restored.

I'd like to think that a lot of the original 'conversions' were done because of scored/trashed cylinders and not just because they wanted to have essentially a 90.

Kevin

Hey fellas -

Scott
I have an 80/90 I like it
I did not do it myself it came to me this way . having (2) 801s I would not mess with a good 80
Only time you see a difference is on a long bar
80 90 1.jpg
80 90 2.jpg
I like the felling spike

Scott, it's only worth the effort if you find the parts cheap enough. Because buying through eBay for the 90 jug, the piston & rings, carb elbow, AF (and the top cover/AF cover if you want to do it right) are gonna approach the price of a used 90.

You could do it dirty too with the 80 top cover, a hole drilled for the 90 decomp, 90 P&C, keep the 80 carb and AF on it. Just depends on which way you wanna go; a 'sleeper' or a saw that looks like a 90.

The 'sleepers' were done quite a bit when parts were more reasonable......still a fair number of those 'conversions' out there. I don't know that I'd take a perfectly good 80 with great compression and do this....but I have an 80's and a 90's I use.....with another one of each waiting to be restored.

I'd like to think that a lot of the original 'conversions' were done because of scored/trashed cylinders and not just because they wanted to have essentially a 90.

Kevin

Thanks, Kevin. Didn't realize the 90 had a decomp. Will plan to stick with the 80, especially since the jug and piston seem to be in such good shape.

Scott

Back