Jonsered Chainsaws

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I believe it is the same key for 52, 70, 80. I have compared them and they all had the same dimensions.

The IPLs show the crankshaft keys being all the same on both sides on the larger saws (621 thru 111S) (735 801 500), but on the smaller saws (49/52) the flywheel side remains the same as the large saws but the clutch side keys are different (735 801 400 on the 49) and (735 880 600 on the 52/52E) I'm not positive but if I remember correctly the clutch side key is a bit taller/longer on both these saws...

I've been lurking too!! It's just been one of those years that everything decided to break. Lawn mowers, brush hog, pickups have occupied my time. And I still have all of my brush hogging to do. One funny chainsaw related story though. My friend Caroline has a Stihl 026 and wanted to borrow a saw with a 20" bar, so she came over and looked over the stock. She couldn't decide so I took a 272XP over for her to use. I don't think I'm getting it back. She also wanted to run my 111s, but got cold feet when she realized it was almost as tall as she is!

The IPLs show the crankshaft keys being all the same on both sides on the larger saws (621 thru 111S) (735 801 500), but on the smaller saws (49/52) the flywheel side remains the same as the large saws but the clutch side keys are different (735 801 400 on the 49) and (735 880 600 on the 52/52E) I'm not positive but if I remember correctly the clutch side key is a bit taller/longer on both these saws...
Sorry, yes, flywheel side.

This dealer case of parts is a mess. Someone had a horrific label system, and someone else spent quite some time swapping the parts in their bins. I spent over an hour with the IPLs from 49, 621, 70, 80, and am only about 10% through the reorganization. This is like the worst puzzle ever, yet strangely more enjoyable.

The Jreds part numbering system is still not fully understood here. Seems like the last 6 digits carry through all models where a part is used, but it can have any assortment of numbers added to the front? Not even necessarily a prefix, just additional numbers at the beginning.

I hope to get the saws out this weekend. I need a picture of the two 111S' together. Both have the full wrap handle. Different mufflers but both fantastic runners. I could use a new decomp for one as the plastic twist top broke.

Ok.....so I was wrong earlier......the 52/52E and 49SP (and probably the 50 and 51) have a SMALLER key on the clutch side....but the same key as the rest on the flywheel side.....all the rest of the Jonsereds have the same key on both ends of the crank......why?......IDFK......but after scrutinizing cranks in all series and measuring a bunch....that's the long and short of it. Where the hell is Niko when you need him...LOL!!!

I stop by a garage sale today and the guy had an old jonsered 80 concrete saw. Has anyone seen one of these before? And also can they be converted to a chainsaw?

Back