Jonsered Chainsaws

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Anyone ever hear of someone trying a two-ring piston in a 70E? Or fitting up the 52mm P/C from the 80? Acres has the stroke on the 80 +3mm, (38mm vs. 35mm) but that could be altered/compensated for. Perhaps a 621 crank (35mm stroke) with the 52mm P/C?

....I need a bunch of parts and some free time.....

Posted a bunch of pics of this project over in the "fight thread" but since I know some of you guys don't get out much, thought I'd give you all a peek at a true locomotive too. This is a 1997 saw with 10 maybe 15 hrs on it. Was sold new in a Jonsereds sawmill........interestingly it runs a 20" .325 rip chain in 0.050 with a spur sprocket.....????.....which was unbelievably dull.....I mean the back edge of the cutters are sharper than the points !!! Just a few teaser shots but if you want to see the rest of the story it's over in the "fight thread" page on 6391.......this is a really nice saw....it's not mine but sure would fit right in......though it is a little new...LOL!

PICT0163.JPG PICT0164.JPG PICT0152.JPG PICT0165.JPG

I got you Robin.....

Do you happen to know a good place to order the flywheel woodruff keys for the older Jreds? I think they are metric, 3mm thick, 12.5mm long, 5mm or 6mm tall?

:)
3? How much each? I've been looking online and I found a few suppliers selling keys that seem to fit the description. Assuming they all adhere to the DIN6888 standards, best i can find online is $1 ish per key. But I'm not so sure they are the correct ones and I keep forgetting to call the vendors. Plus, there is a minimum order amount, so I'm looking at having to buy like, 15 plus pay shipping.

Usually in the winter months, I pull my saws onto the workbench and start the maintenance process.
It seems I have a rash of oiling leaks - the 49,52, 621 and 2050 all leave a large oil puddle under them.
I'm suspecting the Orings may need replaced.

:)
3? How much each? I've been looking online and I found a few suppliers selling keys that seem to fit the description. Assuming they all adhere to the DIN6888 standards, best i can find online is $1 ish per key. But I'm not so sure they are the correct ones and I keep forgetting to call the vendors. Plus, there is a minimum order amount, so I'm looking at having to buy like, 15 plus pay shipping.

What saws do they go to?.......likely I have a bunch.....I'll measure them tomorrow.....and let you know what I gotts......

I believe it is the same key for 52, 70, 80. I have compared them and they all had the same dimensions.

Oh man, I wish I did. Both saws are complete runners, and I have no spare parts.

There's a pair of them for sale in the Tradin' Post.... ;)

I have a box full of random spare NOS Jreds stuff, 621/49/52/70/80 vintage. Do you know the PN of the stuff you need? If I have it I'll get it out your way. :)

Latest posts

Back