Jonsered Parts

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I've got a Jonsered 2159 here. I've been searching and can't find one online supplier for parts. I figured they'd be available from the same place I normally order Husky parts. I can't find the parts anywhere. What gives?

only j-red dealers can order j-red parts and i have yet to see one like the many husky dealers.

but you can always call bob aka spike60.

I didn't know he sold jred too???? Ones of these days i gotta go visit him and check out a new 390 hehehe

My local Jred dealer does mail order,has used parts also.

I'm liking Spike60 these days for the Jonsey and Husky parts. So far I've placed 3 orders and he has been awesome. Hooked me up with a full wrap kit for my 2095.

Chris B.

Husqvarna numbers?

If I walk in at the Husqvarna dealer with the part number from the Jonsered IPL he gets the part for me. I think the Jonsered part numbers in fact are Husqvarna numbers if you get my explanation.
Especialy the new saws like the 2159 and likes. As Jonsered is Husqvarna owned. The part numbers are not strange to them.
I can see a problem with part numbers on old Jonsered saws before they were beamed up by husqvarna.

Best of luck

Motorsen

As a Husqvarna dealer I order my Jonsered and Poulan parts the same as I order Husky parts, from the big orange mother ship............just seems the J-red ones show up red or black and the Poulan parts show up vomit green.

As a Husqvarna dealer I order my Jonsered and Poulan parts the same as I order Husky parts, from the big orange mother ship............just seems the J-red ones show up red or black and the Poulan parts show up vomit green.

That doesn't work down here in the States, at least on the east coast. Jonsered are distributed through Tilton equipment, not Husqvarna. Out west I think Husky and JRed are one in the same but not on the right coast.

I'm looking for a NOS Walbro HDA 199 carb to replace the one that got taken off my Jonsered 2156.;)

Jack let me go out and take a look at what I have. I won't have NOS but might have one of those carbs.

PS: I have been foiled by the USPS shipping liquids again. I have a package here for you. ;)

Jack let me go out and take a look at what I have. I won't have NOS but might have one of those carbs.

PS: I have been foiled by the USPS shipping liquids again. I have a package here for you. ;)

Ya either gotta drain the gas or drain the bottle !!

When PB was here picking up Brads antique chainsaws
I had this present for PB. I forgot to give it to him. So rather than risk shipping it I went back to my shop and later on in the day drained the bottles. :msp_biggrin:

Last edited:
All of the recent Jonsered saws have Husky analogs, as you know.

Also knowing a little about you, we know you're a smart cookie, Brad, and likely already knew the answer. Maybe just wanted confirmation of your suspicions. Rod Simonian's site (linked above) has IPL's for many jonsered models, but the list isn't exhaustive, and doesnt have service bulletins. I imagine most Jonsered dealers would order over the phone and maybe even have parts drop-shipped to you if its hard to get to the shop during business hrs.

I have also ordered Poulan and Jonsered parts from a husky dealer, If youre willing to take the time to find your own part numbers, they can just submit them; I have gotten Weedeater and Poulan Pro stuff from the local Husky/Jonsered dealer just by asking him to order parts from my list. You can search what seems like Jonsered-only parts by part number on PartsTree or Bailey's and sometimes get hits too.

Interesting: I just picked up an order at my local shop today: the bill was about $70 plus sales tax (another $5) Ordering online would have been the same price, but shipping would have been about $8, and I wouldn't get my parts for a week. I called the local shop (with part numbers) just before closing Tuesday, and they called back today.

walbro carb

I'm looking for a NOS Walbro HDA 199 carb to replace the one that got taken off my Jonsered 2156.;)

go with the zama replacement instead...i will have to look up number again, i forgot it. i have put a few on 2159s and a couple 2156s.. they run and start much better..

If I drained that bottle, it would be a waste of good potatoes. ;) Damn good potatoes.

When PB was here picking up Brads antique chainsaws
I had this present for PB. I forgot to give it to him. So rather than risk ship it I went back to my shop and later on in the day drained the bottles. :msp_biggrin:

Haha! I did the same thing with beer that I bought for Spike. They heard it in the box and said they couldn't ship it. I tried it again with better packaging and still no go. I need to make an alcohol delivery run down to NY.

I looked at the carb and it is not the one you need.

:cheers:

Back