"Jonsered" pronounciation

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hamradio

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
How do you pronounce "Jonsered"? I've heard the "ered" pronounce "rude" like Evinrude, and I've heard it pronounced "Jon Se Red".

One I hear the most is Jon-ser-ed

Most of the time I hear it called the Preferd saw on the market
and most saute after by the Pros. :rockn: ;)

Paranoia is not just a river in Egypt.

Its pronounced John-sir-red, formerly John-sir-reds (with an 's')

I am a Jonsered dealer, and I just say johnny-red, but the correct way I was told is;
yawn-sir-red. The "j" is pronounced "y".

I am also a Husqvarna dealer, and you would not believe the people who cannot pronounce husqvarna!

woodhog said:
I am a Jonsered dealer, and I just say johnny-red, but the correct way I was told is;
yawn-sir-red. The "j" is pronounced "y".

I am also a Husqvarna dealer, and you would not believe the people who cannot pronounce husqvarna!

You are so right. Most people I talk to call the Huskies Husk ka Varna's. Its Husk varna isn't it? JRed's are mostly called Jonny Reds but I think the right was is Jon Sir Red, correct???

The "ka" in husk-ka-varna just comes out naturally when the q and v meet in saying the word "husqvarna". And a silent "j" is not a natural sound in the english language. The result of both of those foreign words spoken in english is Husk-ka-varna and John-sir-red. We're not in Sweden, this is America gentleman.

Jon Sereds said:
The "ka" in husk-ka-varna just comes out naturally when the q and v meet in saying the word "husqvarna". And a silent "j" is not a natural sound in the english language. The result of both of those foreign words spoken in english is Husk-ka-varna and John-sir-red. We're not in Sweden, this is America gentleman.

So true. By Joe thats why I likes me Stihls, no matter how ya spell it , Stihl, steal or steel, it all comes out the same, Stihl, steal or steel and sounds the same, smart feller that Stihl guy was,hehe(for you Manual,lolol)

Back