Just bought a Husqvarna 2100 CD

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If it were me, I'd tear that saw down and clean it up before I did anything else to it. No tellin' what else is lurkin' under all that funk. As for the wire, I'd used a butt splice close to the coil and replace the rest with new wire.

Ok thanks for the advice. I'll do that then.

I haven't had any time this week to replace the wire on the coil, so hopefully I can get it done this weekend.
What kind of wire do I need to get to replace this? Anyone know what the specifics are on the wire or where to get some?

Well I'd say I found the problem to my chain not stopping during idle. Should have checked this first but I was sure it was an air leak somewhere. Lesson learned.
Anybody know if other clutch springs will work on the 2100 since parts for this are so hard to come by?

20151001_225942.jpg

What the heck is the trick to getting this spring to stretch enough to get it back in clutch!? Doesn't seem like there is any way it's gonna fit!

Nate?
to review...am I correct that there was never an air leak or carb problem and the whole problem was the broken spring causing the clutch drag symptom and therefore the inability to stop clutch drag by slowing down the carb idle?
I guess I missed the AH-HA!!!! moment...

Nate?
to review...am I correct that there was never an air leak or carb problem and the whole problem was the broken spring causing the clutch drag symptom and therefore the inability to stop clutch drag by slowing down the carb idle?
I guess I missed the AH-HA!!!! moment...

Haha, yes you would be correct. I was certain it was an air leak because when I would spray carb cleaner behind the carb near the intake it would die, but I'm assuming it was just getting sucked in through the carb somehow? With the clutch spring replaced it idles and accelerates great and the chain stops like it should. I have yet to cut with it though.

Man that looks really nice Nate!!!!

Thanks! It has some blemishes here and there but I would expect that from a 30 yr old saw. Just need to do some kind of a wrap or something to the handle. Might try bed liner.
I'm excited to cut with this beast though!

One thing I did notice when I had the saw apart and I repaired the exposed wire leading to the starter switch. There is about a cm of wire still exposed right at the entrance to the coil. Is it fine to leave exposed like that or what should I do? It's hard to get electrical tape around it when it's that small if I should even put tape on it. Thought's?

Latest posts

Back