Just bought a Husqvarna 2100 CD

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I couldn't get mine to seal completely either. The oem gaskets reportedly work better. I used motoseal on every surface with the gaskets and it worked

FWIW This has been mentioned before.....specifically OEM Tillotson carb gasket does not work... OEM Husqvarna carb gasket works.
The husky manifold impulse passage is not full contained in the footprint of the tillotson gasket...close, but NO CIGAR....:angry:

FWIW This has been mentioned before.....specifically OEM Tillotson carb gasket does not work... OEM Husqvarna carb gasket works.
The husky manifold impulse passage is not full contained in the footprint of the tillotson gasket...close, but NO CIGAR....:angry:
Yea I shartcanned the internal impulse. Drilled the transfer duct and inserted a barbed fitting. Used the carb top from my 625. No more leaky. Piss poor design in my book.

The OEM Husqvarna is the oval shape one correct? And the Tillotson one is more like a diamond shape. I'm using a new oval shaped one I cut from the oem oval one.

Just an update, I took apart the carb/intake last night and put motoseal on all of the gaskets to see if that seals up any leak that could be coming from that area.
Also, put a little motoseal on top of the gasket at the carb/intake spot. Haven't started it yet, let it sit overnight and I'm at work today so I'll see what it does after work.

20150810_223144.jpg

So haven't been able to start the saw yet to see if the motoseal on the gaskets helped. Don't have spark now. Took the flywheel off and here is a picture of one of the wires.
Do I need a new wire or can I fix this one somehow?

20150813_234854.jpg

So haven't been able to start the saw yet to see if the motoseal on the gaskets helped. Don't have spark now. Took the flywheel off and here is a picture of one of the wires.
Do I need a new wire or can I fix this one somehow?

View attachment 441165
Clean it up and use some liquid electrical tape. And then I'd try to get some heat shrink tubing on it. And route it where it won't wear on it

Clean it up and use some liquid electrical tape. And then I'd try to get some heat shrink tubing on it. And route it where it won't wear on it

Didn't know they made liquid electrical tape. Good to know, I appreciate it!

Back