Just bought a Husqvarna 2100 CD

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I never seen a coil on one of these. Does the wire go right into it?
If so then i would just try and seal it up.

Yeah wire goes right into it. I'll just clean it well and use the liquid electrical tape. Thanks!

I never seen a coil on one of these. Does the wire go right into it?
If so then i would just try and seal it up.
The wire is connected to the circuitry, then the wires are held up and the board is potted to the edge of the mold. The wire just enters solid plastic. The brush on stuff is the way to go. Clean real well with isopropyl alcohol first then blow dry. Then put goo on. don't move til it drys/cures.

The wire is connected to the circuitry, then the wires are held up and the board is potted to the edge of the mold. The wire just enters solid plastic. The brush on stuff is the way to go. Clean real well with isopropyl alcohol first then blow dry. Then put goo on. don't move til it drys/cures.

Thanks for advice Dave!

Got the coil wire covered with liquid electrical tape last night. This is after the first layer was applied. I'll put everything back together this evening.

20151006_165121.jpg

Well I solved my handle with no wrap problem and coil problem. I picked up another 2100 cd parts saw this last week for what I think was a good price. Everything on it was good except P/C. Here a couple pics of that saw. Kinda cool, it has a chain break on it.

20151015_115644.jpg
20151015_115653.jpg
20151015_115703.jpg
20151015_115435.jpg

So I took the handle and the coil off of this one and put them on my good 2100 that I started this thread for. Here it is now, ready to go cut!

20151020_210133.jpg
20151020_205256.jpg

Latest posts

Back