Just bought a NEW Jotul Combifire #1

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The Jotul looks like a virgin !! :censored: Lucky find !
You could get a vague BTU output by calculating the firebox volume, then comparing it to newer stoves with a similar sized firebox. Remember though, that EPA stoves are more efficient, but you can't fully control the air like you can on yours and pre-EPA stoves. I remember a friend in northern Massachusetts ( in "N. E." ) on the N.H. border that heated a large living room , ~ 15 X 20 , with a Combifire.
Forget the "NE", thought it was "New England". I'll take the Laphroaig however.:monkey:

ive found the btu output, its rated at 35,000, but Im not sure how that translates into square feet, from what ive seen its around 1000, which is too small. my house is 1050+700 upstairs.

I would try it in a heart beat...What is the size of the firebox?...Old school rating are usually underated...And the afterburn over flow should be awesome...

That's a beauty CSA! That's a #1 model combi. They also made a #4 which is a bit larger in that same design. Excellent Score! Those (that style) remind me of my old Morso 1125 (green enamel) that I grew up with as a youngster. :cheers:

I would try it in a heart beat...What is the size of the firebox?...Old school rating are usually underated...And the afterburn over flow should be awesome...

well, im not going to try it till next year because MAX log size is 16"(that might be pushing it) and I still have 4-5 cords of 18-20" for the blaze king.

Its a small box,not sure of the dimensions, maybe 16"x16"x16"

Its a pretty tight stove, too. I might just give it a whirl next winter.

That's a beauty CSA! That's a #1 model combi. They also made a #4 which is a bit larger in that same design. Excellent Score! Those (that style) remind me of my old Morso 1125 (green enamel) that I grew up with as a youngster. :cheers:

its a neat stove, for sure. I showed it to my wife, and she wrinkled her nose, then I folded the door down and put the screen on. She had a whole new perspective after that.:clap:

Ardbeg will do, or Strathisla, Longmorn for those who prefer the Highland smooth. :clap:

i like both the islay and the highland and appreciate their drastic differences.

Quote from my official Laphroiag mouse pad ( and, no, you can't have one ):

LOVE

{ there is no in between }

HATE

Laphroaig: no half measures

That's a great stove,Jotul is first rate The UL label is in your second pic. You got a good deal now spend the bucks to install it right,and you will be perfectly safe. I have a feeling that solid cast iron stove will do better then you ever dreamed. I see no problem with it heating your first floor and the heat will rise and probably roast you out of the upstairs. Good Find,Good Luck.

That's a great stove,Jotul is first rate The UL label is in your second pic. You got a good deal now spend the bucks to install it right,and you will be perfectly safe. I have a feeling that solid cast iron stove will do better then you ever dreamed. I see no problem with it heating your first floor and the heat will rise and probably roast you out of the upstairs. Good Find,Good Luck.

well, im gonna give it a try as soon as I burn down the wood supply that won't fit in the stove. Cutting 4 cords of firewood thats already cut, split, and stacked doesnt sound like a fun task

Looks like ill be ok, 84 and climbing inside, 4 outside right now with the 40,000 btu stove, Im only gonna sacrifice 5000 btus with the combifire.

well, fellas, getting the 6" liner and installing the stove this week. Im pretty 'stoked' to have a cast stove instead of steel. I sure hope the little fella keeps us warm this winter.:monkey:

well, im not going to try it till next year because MAX log size is 16"(that might be pushing it) and I still have 4-5 cords of 18-20" for the blaze king.

Its a small box,not sure of the dimensions, maybe 16"x16"x16"

Its a pretty tight stove, too. I might just give it a whirl next winter.
With the Blaze king and Princess working for you what do you need with a third stove ?

You have sacrificed the long burn times

The smaller firebox will obviously not hold as much wood for achieving long overnight burns.

The smaller firebox will obviously not hold as much wood for achieving long overnight burns.

yes, but i have exhaust flue control (could put one in the stove pipe for the blaze king), and an airtight cast iron stove.

i hope it works.

well, Im getting longer burn times, but with significantly less wood. This is leading to less BTU output, i think. Stove does fine for the most part, but its below 0 now and it will heat the house fine if i keep the door cracked and continually add wood.

Back