Just got a Husqvarna 346XP...love it

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi Mike,

Yup that's what I have, but not in 3/16"...so I'll have to order another setup. Baileys says the 3/16" Pferd system will work for Oregon 95VP and just found out it's the same as the Husq H30 so it looks like I'm good to go.

I think they made a double width one now so you dont have to move the file from either side. they're like $40 though. Yeah, you need the 3/16" for the .325 regardless of the kerf.

They're great saws. Have fun. Mine's stock too. Modding may be great but dont feel bad for staying stock.

Congrats on the saw; I know the feeling.
However I am still waiting for my saw to really wake up.
I love the shape, the weight, the handling, but power wise I have the feeling that there is more and I wonder when breaking in will kick.
I have used it to fell 70 cm nut tree and I admit it took a while. I wished for an 372 at the moment.
It is a great saw but don`t expect it to be something else than it really is : a great but never the less just a 50 cc saw.

it's kind of hard to admit as a stihl only guy, but I do quite like the 346. The guy I work for runs only husky (except for climbing saws which are of course 200t) and has 346's as ground saws for cleaning up branches to drag out to the chipper. Nice little powerful saw, but the best thing I love about it is the killswitch! None of that crap like on 372's 390's etc (switches always break) it's a really nice killswitch. Unlike all the other huskys, if the killswitch is off, pulling the choke out turns the killswitch on. Nice touch!

Saw is nicely powered too, for such a small saw. Great little limbing saw for ground work with a 14" or 16" bar. I've nearly even bought one myself a couple of times ;-)

Shaun

I think it is only fair man.
Who says that one brand is best in every model, surely has a bias problem.

Last edited:
Congrats on the saw; I know the feeling.
However I am still waiting for my saw to really wake up.
I love the shape, the weight, the handling, but power wise I have the feeling that there is more and I wonder when breaking in will kick.
I have used it to fell 70 cm nut tree and I admit it took a while. I wished for an 372 at the moment.
It is a great saw but don`t expect it to be something else than it really is : a great but never the less just a 50 cc saw.
My new 346 was a dog for the first few tanks. At around 7-8 tanks of fuel, I was thinking about trading it, or tearing it apart to port/modify it. But I stuck with it and tank #10-11 it really woke up, very good jump in power. It still doesn't have the power of my old one, but it's very close. I may port it at some point, but I am happy with the performance now.

it's kind of hard to admit as a stihl only guy, but I do quite like the 346. The guy I work for runs only husky (except for climbing saws which are of course 200t) and has 346's as ground saws for cleaning up branches to drag out to the chipper. Nice little powerful saw, but the best thing I love about it is the killswitch! None of that crap like on 372's 390's etc (switches always break) it's a really nice killswitch. Unlike all the other huskys, if the killswitch is off, pulling the choke out turns the killswitch on. Nice touch!

Saw is nicely powered too, for such a small saw. Great little limbing saw for ground work with a 14" or 16" bar. I've nearly even bought one myself a couple of times ;-)

Shaun

I really like the switch/choke arrangement on those saws as well. :msp_smile:

One thing that the manual doesn't tell is that you don't have to pull the choke and push it in for warm starts - you can pull the "on" button streight up, and avoid "high idle". :msp_wink:

My new 346 was a dog for the first few tanks. At around 7-8 tanks of fuel, I was thinking about trading it, or tearing it apart to port/modify it. But I stuck with it and tank #10-11 it really woke up, very good jump in power. It still doesn't have the power of my old one, but it's very close. I may port it at some point, but I am happy with the performance now.

I will have to wait for 5 or more tanks then for the saw to wake up.
:)

I really like the switch/choke arrangement on those saws as well. :msp_smile:

One thing that the manual doesn't tell is that you don't have to pull the choke and push it in for warm starts - you can pull the "on" button streight up, and avoid "high idle". :msp_wink:

I don`t exactly know what that means, but one time the saw was warmish so to say, not warm but not entirely cold and it wouldn`t start without the choke and I wasn`t sure how long has been since I stopped it and I didn`t wanted to flood it, so I pulled and pushed the choke and it started just fine.

I don`t exactly know what that means, but one time the saw was warmish so to say, not warm but not entirely cold and it wouldn`t start without the choke and I wasn`t sure how long has been since I stopped it and I didn`t wanted to flood it, so I pulled and pushed the choke and it started just fine.

Yes, but if the saw is really warm, you don't have to pull the blue choke tab at all - just pull the red tab streight up, and start the saw at idle (chain not moving). ;)

Yes, but if the saw is really warm, you don't have to pull the blue choke tab at all - just pull the red tab streight up, and start the saw at idle (chain not moving). ;)

yes. true.
silly me; I thought that was the rule regarding all saws.

Muff modd it weekend warrior!!

IMG_4514.jpg

Holy crap did this thing wake up, and I'm only maybe 12 tanks in. It 4-strokes out of the cut, so not sure what I'd gain with an unlimited coil. Then again, I'm just a weekend warrior too.

Back