MS460 first impressions

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
bootboy

bootboy

Addicted to ArboristSite
Check this out. Made a new deflector. The front most hole in the first pic will be enlarged to the size of the new deflector.
43acf8e6-b647-129e.jpg

43acf8e6-b654-8067.jpg

43acf8e6-b666-4d44.jpg

43acf8e6-b675-69d9.jpg

bootboy

bootboy

Addicted to ArboristSite
Hand filed. That chain is square skip and is by far my fastest chain. Its a treat to myself. My echo 600p with that chain cuts wood under 18" faster than my 460 with fresh full comp round, no joke.

SierraWoodsman

SierraWoodsman

ArboristSite Guru
Nice Job!

Hand filed. That chain is square skip and is by far my fastest chain. Its a treat to myself. My echo 600p with that chain cuts wood under 18" faster than my 460 with fresh full comp round, no joke.

I also like the square skip, I run one on my 395 with a 36" bar. Nothing can beat it for the big stuff. I'm Envious of you as you have obviously got the hang of it with a square file. I Like the performance of square so much, but just couldn't get the hang of it fileing free hand, so I coughed up the cash for an "Atop" square Jig. Great performance. You should try square full comp. I like it the best in clean wood under 24" on pro saws over 60 cc it flat out screams!

bootboy

bootboy

Addicted to ArboristSite
So one thing I've noticed since doing my muff mod is that for the first minute after starting cold, the saw smokes quite a bit at WOT. Is that common? Ive adjusted the carbs on both saws so they clean out of four stroking when loaded at WOT. Both of my bigger saws do it and both started immediately after the muff mods. I suppose the point of the restrictive muffler is to cut down on emissions but, holy cow, my 460 leaves me in a cloud if I give the beans when cold started. Just wondering if anyone else has experienced this?