Just Some Saw Wts

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Just thought I would post some of my saw wts.

Nothing scientific or anything. All saws are fueled, and I just used a bathroom scale, so I do not say it is 100% accurate, but the the comparative wts (1 saw to the next) are what counts.

362 C w/20" b&c 17.4 lbs
044 w/20" b&c 18.6 lbs
044 w/24" b&c 19.8 lbs
046 w/24" b&c 21.0 lbs (.063 gauge chain)

The best info I have is the powerhead only wts for the 362 is 13 lbs, the 044s 14 lbs and the 046 14.75 lbs.

Considering the 044 holds more fluids than the 362, and the 046 is running .063 gauge and holds more fluids, the numbers seem about right.

I just had to check them because when I did that project with SVK, he said the thought the 362 and 044 felt about the same wt. They don't to me, but just wanted to make sure I was not missing something.

The wts may not seem that different, but if I try limbing with the 046, I know it soon!

Nothing scientific or anything. All saws are fueled, and I just used a bathroom scale, so I do not say it is 100% accurate, but the the comparative wts (1 saw to the next) are what counts.

362 C w/20" b&c 17.4 lbs
044 w/20" b&c 18.6 lbs
044 w/24" b&c 19.8 lbs

The best info I have is the powerhead only wts for the 362 is 13 lbs, the 044s 14 lbs and the 046 14.75 lbs.

Considering the 044 holds more fluids than the 362, and the 046 is running .063 gauge and holds more fluids, the numbers seem about right.

I just had to check them because when I did that project with SVK, he said the thought the 362 and 044 felt about the same wt. They don't to me, but just wanted to make sure I was not missing something.

The wts may not seem that different, but if I try limbing with the 046, I know it soon!
I like seeing loaded weights. The 20" bar weights are almost identical to 28" lightweight bar weights. The .063" doesn't change chain weight but 1 oz on a 32" chain. The bar will be a touch lighter since more material is taken away from the groove.

362 C w/20" b&c 17.4 lbs
044 w/20" b&c 18.6 lbs
044 w/24" b&c 19.8 lbs

I like that you weighed them fueled. Some weigh them w/o fuel or bar oil. I'd still prefer to see weights with a bar on them, regardless of the length.

I've never once factored the weight of a saw, I really don't understand it really. I'm not knocking anyone, just my worthless two cents.

I care to some degree how much a fully, ready to cut saw, might weigh.

When it comes to shaving seconds off cutting cookies.......I don't care so much............:innocent:

At the end of a long day, you have to do some limbing to finish up, that is when the wt starts to matter!

Also, Redbulls chart says the 24" stihl bar s/b almost a pound heavier than the 20", factor in the chain and 1.2 lbs s/b pretty close.

Alan, I won't argue your wt, like I said, I just used a bathroom scale. Would not surprise me if it is off a bit, especially in the "low wt" range.

At the end of a long day, you have to do some limbing to finish up, that is when the wt starts to matter!

Also, Redbulls chart says the 24" stihl bar s/b almost a pound heavier than the 20", factor in the chain and 1.2 lbs s/b pretty close.

Alan, I won't argue your wt, like I said, I just used a bathroom scale. Would not surprise me if it is off a bit, especially in the "low wt" range.
I know from trying to weigh kids on bathroom scales, they aren't always accurate at those weights.

Weigh yourself then weigh yourself with the saw for a potentially more accurate number.

362 C w/20" b&c 17.4 lbs
044 w/20" b&c 18.6 lbs
044 w/24" b&c 19.8 lbs

Mike, I find it peculiar you abbreviated weights as 'wts'. One might think it was because you didn't actually know how to spell the word...

Regardless, there is already an unofficial chainsaw weight thread...you should continue there.

Mike, I find it peculiar you abbreviated weights as 'wts'. One might think it was because you didn't actually know how to spell the word...

Regardless, there is already an unofficial chainsaw weight thread...you should continue there.

I was going to ignore your sarcasm, but then again, NOT!

Where is your degree from? What is in for? What do you do for a living?

I read the title and thought "holy crap Mikes selling his saws!" And the funny thing is I wasn't even disappointed t ok find out he was just posting the weights.

Good info. I do like the step in the scale method with and with out the saw, that's how I weigh stuff, but if my math brain is turned on its no fun.

Thanks for the info Mike!

Latest posts

Back