Just Some Saw Wts

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I got respect for what both of you do/have done!!!

And Chris, right after I posted, I started thinking how light your saw would be with that bar!

You will have to post the wt, with fluids full, so we have it for a reference.

And I got one for you guys. I'm afraid of heights, so when I had to do the roof on my first house, I did it with a droplight hung from the TV antenna at night (I'm dating myself) so I would not get scared about how high up I was! You just crab walk along till there is nothing under one hand, and then you don't go in that direction any further! Yea, it was real hammer and nails back then too, all my neighbors thought I was crazy! But I got it done before hunting season, that was the deal if I wanted to go.

Its nothing personal Mike, Dano is just fun to get all riled up sometimes[emoji1]

All gassed and ready to cut it was 16.7lbs with a 20" Total Super bar. But like you i used a bathroom scale so i don't know how accurate it is.

Its nothing personal Mike, Dano is just fun to get all riled up sometimes[emoji1]

All gassed and ready to cut it was 16.7lbs with a 20" Total Super bar. But like you i used a bathroom scale so i don't know how accurate it is.

So says the pot calling the kettle black, or something like that.

Son......you'd have to get up way before me, have a good breakfast, kick back some and read the morning paper, maybe have wifey sit on your lap and whisper sweet nothings in your ear, and then promise to take her out to dinner that night........before you'd ever get me riled up.

I dealt with riled up for over 30 yrs. I've done been there and done that......over and over. ;)

BTW.....who is dano? :confused:

So says the pot calling the kettle black, or something like that.

Son......you'd have to get up way before me, have a good breakfast, kick back some and read the morning paper, maybe have wifey sit on your lap and whisper sweet nothings in your ear, and then promise to take her out to dinner that night........before you'd ever get me riled up.

I dealt with riled up for over 30 yrs. I've done been there and done that......over and over. ;)

BTW.....who is dano? :confused:
Is that all it takes?
Ok maybe not riled up but its funny to see what you fire back with.

Who's Dano[emoji1] i can search Dano and all your 2123 posts show up too. I just know you as Dano still.

Is that all it takes?
Ok maybe not riled up but its funny to see what you fire back with.

Who's Dano[emoji1] i can search Dano and all your 2123 posts show up too. I just know you as Dano still.

Aw heck, that's sweet. Do I owe you like a box of chocolates or something?

All this doesn't mean we're going steady does it? :crazy:

Deny it all you want[emoji1]
23c92be57e775b53f6a540ea63234335.jpg

Well obviously, whoever hacked my account and took it over, has had help from AS.

It's a conspiracy I tell you. And I'm very disappointed that AS was in on it. :(

I was a member of this site before it was even called AS. I think way back when, it was just called Chainsaws and stuff.

You Obama isn't to blame?

Naw, Obama is a smart man. That's the truth. Well......let me say he's a well-educated man. That sounds better.

Anyways, Hillary is smart as well, but she thinks she has it over everyone else. That's her downfall. She seems to think she's as slick as her cheating husband.

She's not.............:laugh:

Unfortunately, Obama is very smart, much smarter than a lot of his supporters who just think they are smart. Our Country will pay the price for generations. My Grandchildren will not have the same opportunities that we had, I don't care who is elected from here, the damage done will be long term.

You will need to grow the economy to pay the bills, and when you grow the economy you will create inflation, and inflation on the huge national debt will be very damaging. Over $18 trillion is about $150,000 per household, at 6% that is $9,000 per year per household. Where is the money to pay for things going to come from? And we voluntarily allowed this the happen.

Unfortunately, Obama is very smart, much smarter than a lot of his supporters who just think they are smart. Our Country will pay the price for generations. My Grandchildren will not have the same opportunities that we had, I don't care who is elected from here, the damage done will be long term.

You will need to grow the economy to pay the bills, and when you grow the economy you will create inflation, and inflation on the huge national debt will be very damaging. Over $18 trillion is about $150,000 per household, at 6% that is $9,000 per year per household. Where is the money to pay for things going to come from? And we voluntarily allowed this the happen.

Sobering TRUTH!

The real saw weights:

The saw wts from my new postal scale look a little different than those I reported from using my bathroom scale. I guess the two wts for the 044s were close, but the 362 and 046 increased with the postal scale, making me think that the dry wt of an 044 may be a little less than 14 lbs.

Here are the postal scale weights: (Note: all saws have dual dogs)

362 C 20" B&C 17 lb 15.9 oz
044 20" 18 9.8
044 24" 19 14.6
046 24" .063 ga 21 2.5

My new Sugi Hara 20" bar (not yet installed) is 2 lb 3.1 oz. That is as hair more (0.6 oz) than Redbull660 reported, but that much of a difference could be due to the grease they put in the bar nose, or a slight manufacturing difference.

I'll post the new total wt when I get around to putting it on the 362.

I know from trying to weigh kids on bathroom scales, they aren't always accurate at those weights.

Weigh yourself then weigh yourself with the saw for a potentially more accurate number.

That's how I do it with the dog.

210 without 305 with, because the dog ain't getting on the scale.

At the end of a long day, you have to do some limbing to finish up, that is when the wt starts to matter!

Also, Redbulls chart says the 24" stihl bar s/b almost a pound heavier than the 20", factor in the chain and 1.2 lbs s/b pretty close.

Alan, I won't argue your wt, like I said, I just used a bathroom scale. Would not surprise me if it is off a bit, especially in the "low wt" range.

Looked at another way, one can cut a lot of weight by not taking more bar length than one needs.

Back