Just to prove we're nuts...fav split shape

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Just to prove we're nuts...fav split shape

• Pentagon

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Hexagon

• Dodecahedron

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Small on one end, big knot in the other end. It must be my favorite shape, I've got a lot of em!

My absolute favorite shape is the one that just fits in that last space in the stove when I'm filling the stove before work. Unlike the other ones, I don't have nearly enough of this shape.

You left out that other perennial favorite, roundish. I gave up splitting for fun years ago.

I never realized I was quite as goofy in the head as I am until someone posted a picture of white oak cut-offs from railroad ties. I started slobbering, my blood pressure spiked, my tongue was hanging down to the floor, and my wife caught me sniffing the screen. Years ago, 36-24-36 gave me all the wood I needed, now it's 10-24-8 I crave to get my hands on. Man, those are some fine measurements and they still make me hot.

I never realized I was quite as goofy in the head as I am until someone posted a picture of white oak cut-offs from railroad ties. I started slobbering, my blood pressure spiked, my tongue was hanging down to the floor, and my wife caught me sniffing the screen. Years ago, 36-24-36 gave me all the wood I needed, now it's 10-24-8 I crave to get my hands on. Man, those are some fine measurements and they still make me hot.

To be honest, 36-24-36 still does a fine job on my blood pressure wood! But you, Mr Cheesecutter, you need help! lol Thanks for the early morning laugh out loud!

Ted

To be honest, 36-24-36 still does a fine job on my blood pressure wood! But you, Mr Cheesecutter, you need help! lol Thanks for the early morning laugh out loud!

Ted

You guys.........., Stick with firewood.

Getting all fired up about things you can't have is like looking at a cookbook when you are hungry.:buttkick:

I made a steel gauge and the split has to fit thru it or it is split again. Just love the squeak made as the wedge forces the knots apart. that gauge and cut stick goes every where with me.

I think this mornings 18 below has effected some thing. Just split to a size I can pich up and will fit thru the stove door really.

:D Al

I like it when I'm able to bust up rounds into the shape of 2x4's with my fiskars. Didn't see that choice on there, though.

I would think you could call that wide rectangle or slab, and I agree, I like that shape, stacks good, fits in the hand good, stove loads well.

I keep a lot of rounds in the stacks, but those aren't splits, that's why I didn't include them.

Consciously, or otherwise, truncated triangular section, tending to rectangular. Not trying to get artsy, but good maul makes it easy.

Day like this, down around zero, it'd be easy and fun. Nothing left to split, time to cut some more soon.

Well, he's put in a whole lotta good years, but we might have to think about getting a PCA in there. We can't just have him wandering around on the streets unsupervised trying to take away children's building blocks. It'll be safer for everyone and we won't have to worry. He'll still have access to his own stacks and we can have them taken down overnight to keep him mentally busy the next day. This isn't the end of the story, it's just another chapter...

Back