Just What Makes Ya' Cuss?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Chris I think you might want to keep some of that stuff "bottled up" inside your brain. Just sayin'

Indeed. The Bieber ticket was certainly a frustrating experience. Uncle Teddy flies so far under the "Duke Radar" I just brush that slop right off.

But young Jake.....that stuff was too funny. Had I been drinking coffee it would have made abstract art on my cellphone screen when I received it.

Chris

Putting together a new motor and your replacing the piston and wirst pin and you get everything lined up and you grab the circlips and you start putting it in and ping it goes flying thru the air were it lands none knows

Finding out that two more kids live in your house than you realized, and they have very unusual names.
Because everytime I ask my kids. "who broke (spilled, destroyed, didn't flush, opened) this", all I ever here is "I don't know", or "wasn't me".

Being hungry in the woods and finding a 3 day old fried chicken and rice dinner behind the truck seat,and finding halfway through that it really aint rice

when a customer runs a 5100 on straight gas then yells at me for saying there as no oil in the fuel. then i offer the customer to personally buy the saw for $100 since he didn't want to fix it...so he throws it on the ground in the parking lot and says he would rather give it to the trash man instead of a liar....

when the boss(who isn't the one working on the machine) makes promises and makes his own estimates when speaking to customers...and leaves the mechanic out on a high wire with a disgruntled customer

when customers argue the merits of cheap vs expensive fuel and since they got cheap fuel and let it sit in the machine with no additives it's somehow me who is the problem and not the carb...

when i'm working on a stihl saw and the flippy cap magically pops off while im talking to my fellow mechanics and as i don't notice they don't tell me(and laugh) and the bar oil makes my pants an oil soaked mess....

and that was just before lunch!

Having some relative borrow your saw with a 3 freshly sharpend chains and bringing them back looking like they used them as a trencher and 2 of them are so rusted form
sitting in the rain and mud that they have to be soaked in oil for a week to free them up.

When a whitetail jumps the string on my bow. It's a quiet cuss hoping it will come back though.

When my wife "puts the stuff away" that was in my pockets from work yesterday or the day before and I can't find the little whatever I needed that I thought I put in my pocket to finish the job today, but can't find it, spend an hour looking for whatever little piece it was, think I lost it, end up making, scrounging, buying another one and then having her tell me at dinner "oh its on the hutch" or where ever she "put it away"

All under my breath of course cause she was really just trying to be good

Drives me crazy :dizzy:

Breaking an axe handle. Or when I really need a saw and my saw don't run I'll cuss and throw things (never thrown a saw, for the record).
Who operates a saw and never cuss'? HE-double tooth picks.

Stacked cord wood that falls over.
Cord wood that walks away.

Driving an hour or even two hours to work, getting there before daylight, and finding the wind blowing too hard to cut. Sit in the pickup, cussing and drinking coffee, waiting for daylight to see if the wind dies down.
It usually doesn't and there's a little more cussing as you head back down the hill.

I'll agree with broken axe/maul handle, stacked wood that falls over and Americans who don't realize that Ron Paul is the answer to all our problems.;)

Oh yeah, I also agree that mexican jumping circlips are a real pain in the a$$ too.

It really gets my goat when my round baler busts a roller bearing. They are a PITA to fix. I especially cusswd today since I had to leave about 10 acres in the field. grrrrr. Not a decent dealer within 100 miles that even stock a frealing rolleer bearing! Be here thursday. Im sure the rain will rot the reat of tje hay by then. Probably 25-30 rolls at 50 bucks per roll left to rot. Thats just ####ty

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back