Karma isn't allways

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mooseman

ArboristSite Member
Reaction score
I lent my BIL's dad my poulan pro 295 to take down some storm killed trees on his property.....he forgot the mix....RIP loaner saw. To make things right, he sends back an identical saw that his neigbour owns that doesn't run, as well as a second saw that he got from the local stihl dealer.
Appeatantly he told the counter guy he needed a saw that was better than the one he wrecked. Long story short, I now have a somewhat used 262XP with 165 lbs. comp, and a 24" bar. I havn't seen them yet, but my BIL tells me it looks very nice, and the poulan is barely used. Some people know how to step up!

I lent my BIL's dad my poulan pro 295 to take down some storm killed trees on his property.....he forgot the mix....RIP loaner saw. To make things right, he sends back an identical saw that his neigbour owns that doesn't run, as well as a second saw that he got from the local stihl dealer.
Appeatantly he told the counter guy he needed a saw that was better than the one he wrecked. Long story short, I now have a somewhat used 262XP with 165 lbs. comp, and a 24" bar. I havn't seen them yet, but my BIL tells me it looks very nice, and the poulan is barely used. Some people know how to step up!

Next time send your mix and oil with the loaner. Of course, then you wouldn't have got 2 saws back. lol

oh boy! I haven't lent my saws ever.About the only person Id lend too is one of my brothers.I just dont trust anyone else with them......but it sounds like you did ok here!

Good for him!

I would NEVER loan out my saws...NEVER to anyone. I will go and cut it for them (favorite part of getting wood) before I will loan out a saw.

I have let a buddy rev my 460 in the garage...close as they get! I've let certain people take my truck (knew he had enough CASH to buy it if scratched) and some people ride my quad (when I have there's) but saws...not even my dad....

I don't get it.......2 stroke=mixed gas.

I don't get it.......2 stroke=mixed gas. I can see if someone puts unmixed gas in the mixed jug.

At least he just didn't bring the saw back and say that it won't run.

So, now do you have a dead pro 295, a non runner 295, and a 262XP?

I'd loan you my truck or my wife or maybe even the dog, (I really love that dog), but my Husky 576??? Now that just ain't gonna happen.

To me, loaning out a saw is like loaning money to a friend.
I don't do it unless I accept that I am giving it as a gift. I never expect it back. if you loan a friend money you usually lose the money and the friend. so I make the decision up front, do I give him the money or not. Same with a saw to me except that I need to accept the guilt that the friend may cut off a limb too. I loaned a friend my 026 last weekend for a camping trip. told him all about safety and respect and all the stuff noone ever tought me( 'cept arboristsite folks). even gave him my chaps. told him please don't start the saw w/o the chaps ever.

yup he cut himself. not bad but still I feel guilty.

A

I always have a saw thats a loaner. Its never a great saw and I can afford to loose it. But I supply the chaps, helmet, gas and oil and let them know the cost of the saw and if they break it, they own it, and dont let go until they have looked you in the eye and agreed.

Never had a problem.

Great deal getting a 262xp, its one of the best saws around.

Kudos to your BIL's dad

Sounds like me... I don't like borrowing other people's stuff and if I'm forced to, always return it in better condition that I got it in. If it breaks, I fix it. I usually borrow a friend's tiller in the spring and I always check it over and do any maintenance it needs before I return it.

Ian

Two stroke engines are not well understood, but by those who know how to use them.

I wouldn't lend my saws to family unless I was there to supervise their use, and know that those using them followed basic saw safety while using them.

:bang:

Kudos to your BIL's dad

Sounds like me... I don't like borrowing other people's stuff and if I'm forced to, always return it in better condition that I got it in. If it breaks, I fix it. I usually borrow a friend's tiller in the spring and I always check it over and do any maintenance it needs before I return it.

Ian
I had to tree job last year and my saws were down. I borrowed 3 saws to get the job done. Before I returned them I changed plugs, ran a file through the chain, cleaned them until there were no more wood chips anywhere and then put a new scabbard on every saw that didn't have one when I got it. Both guys who loaned me the saws tossed me the keys to their truck after seeing the saws. Most of us are different than everyone else. We actually care.

Congrats on your 262xp. It is nice to hear there are still people that take responsibility for there mistakes.

Latest posts

Back