land clearing with husqvarna 365sp & 440xtorq

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
365spatwork006.jpg

365spatwork012.jpg

365spatwork007.jpg

365spatwork008.jpg

365spatwork019.jpg

365spatwork021.jpg

365spatwork023.jpg

365spatwork016.jpg

365spatwork024.jpg

some nice patches cleared up now and a few trees down,i think we got 5 done today in a few hours and all
cut firewood size and loaded up.

365spatwork025.jpg

365spatwork024.jpg

365spatwork023.jpg

365spatwork012.jpg

Last edited:
it's was hard to get pics today as it rained most of the day,it's hard to see the trees also but i will get some better pics as we go,ok so i am doing a short video of some of todays fellings.

some pics in the rain of our load of firewood,was getting dark too.

365spatwork003.jpg

365spatwork032.jpg

check out the monsters FOOT i found here today :)))

365spatwork033.jpg

Day 2

DAY 2 at the new location.

so we got a good days work done today,as i say this work is tough,lot of clearing to be done of vines and weeds.but never the less we got up a nice load,and as we moved down we noticed the place is home to a LOT of whitethorn,we got some up today!! i don't know if this wood is common in america but here it's one of 'if not' the best.

some pics of todays action:

i was able to reverse in to the top today near the trees.

day2001.jpg

day2002.jpg

day2003.jpg

day2004.jpg

day2005.jpg

VERY big tree,whitethorn,this one is next on the list for the saw! :)

day2007.jpg

day2006.jpg

Last edited:
nice work bud!!

looks like you lot got a lot of trees there,i ike the pics,listen if you ever need help let me know

derek

thanks!
yeah,the place here is very hilly and the work here on the top is tough but i can't wait to get down lower,there are some trees there,i will keep that in mind if i need help.thanks again!
so what you doing these days? start the 61??

day 4

ok been a while sinse i updated here,i didn't update day 3 because of lwhat i thought a lack of feedback from here to be honest,as i say
we have a huge amount of work to do here,where we are right now is just at the entrance on top,later on we will be felling some very huge ASH trees :) at the moment all the trees here are whitethorn and ash and some blackthorn,all great wood.

another nice load this evening to bring home,it's selling as fast as i am cutting it :)
the wood is awesome and burns FRESH even,i had some in the fire lastnight and was amazed with the quality after just been cut,i am very pleased with it now.

i used two saws today my husqvarna 365special and another (unknown) brand i got the loan off my father,it's a very light saw and worked very well,i used the smaller saw for the smaller lighter branches.

i will update a few more pics and if any intrest i will update again as i go.

ASH trees today,still clearing a path way in.

day4001.jpg

day4002.jpg

day4003.jpg

day4004.jpg

day4006.jpg

day4007.jpg

Last edited:
hello Gkiesel

the nissan was fine,no problems,i honestly thought i wasn't going to make it out this evening,but it was fine,low box and
diff lock on and it didn't miss a beat,i must get a video next time of me pulling out of here with a full load,:D
it is muddy!!

my own stubberness not to wait till summer,it is still wet,but as they say no time like the present ;)
waiting for irish weather is like waiting for lottery numbers to come up .... lol

I think I'm more excited about the 3.0 DI turbo in the Nissan, than I am about the firewood!! That thing musy get very good mileage!
Rich

hello powerking

the nissan patrol is a good machine,this paticular one i own now two years and never failed to do what i wanted of it,never missed a beat,it is an 04 model,i had some bad luck with the last one i had though it blew the head,but i drove it harder than this one,it was also a 00model and they were sort of prone to problems of that year.i find it good for towing heavy loads.

it is good on the diesel,i can get 80miles for 20euros...not bad,some vans arn't doing it

If most of the wood you cut is the size shown in the first few posts, you might get a 16 or 18" bar for your 365 which would make it somewhat lighter. You could use this bar on your 61 when you get it back running also. Your suv must go pretty good in the mud.

So did I understand you that your planning on clearing hundreds of acres one load at a time? I think it's cool that you can sell the small wood like that. Even here on the east coast of USA people would not want the small stuff like that. As for your Nissan, we cannot get diesel versions in the States that i know of. George

Latest posts

Back