Large stand of Black Walnut Trees PA

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tigwig94

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
I'm looking to sell a large stand of Black walnut trees in PA. About 5 years ago a lumber management company referred by PA DCNR was here, but I lost the guys information. At that time he told me it was the largest stand of Black Walnut he's ever seen (he was pretty old) but to wait another 3 years prior to having it lumbered. Does anyone know anybody who might be interested?

On the 2 acres I own, there must be close to 60 trees. My parent's property which is adjacent to mine (about 10 acres) I wouldn't even want to make a guess as to how many are on there. The more mature trees are on their property.

We didn't plant them, they've just grown here. I did plant some Royal Empress Paulownia's about 3 years ago though.

hi tig,
where in Pa. are you located ??
might be able to hook you up with a contractor..
i'd also wait till the economy recovers, if it ever does ??

:arg:What is that post all about? There talkin bout Black Walnut here, you don't have anything to post then don't. To the OP, i believe i saw that you were near allentown? I live over in Westmoreland County, Coastal Lumber Company, look into them i don't know if they have any operations near you or not, but they deal in specialty hardwoods they are based out of West Virginia but have mills all down the east coast in the appalachians. Just a suggestion and i would also wait till this economy makes a turn, if it ever does.

Back