Last of the winter wood & the smoker

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ReggieT

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
Well Fellas,
This is the last of the Mohichans...except for about half a cord of oak, and a few pieces of hedge & ash up @ my Pops place... Feeling kinda sad for some reason...
That far left small pile is my pecan smoking wood...I did fire up the smoker over the weekend...it did mighty fine on some Chicken breast & Polish dogs!:p

Now off to my next great adventure...decided against selling my 034, but I did slam it in the shop for the starting issues...I got some good & crazy offers: .38 special...non-running 064...running, but ragged 066...2 ounces of Tarzan vine (weed) & a gallon of moonshine:rolleyes:...and a couple of guys who were willing to pay $300.

I think with my 025 & 034 that's pretty decent "2 Saw Plan...for now!" :D
Thanks for all the help & feedback,

Reg

IMAG0168.jpgIMAG0208 (1).jpgIMAG0196.jpgIMAG0198.jpg

Hey Swampthing...how's the weather holding up in PA?
Cherry...Yum! lol
It's starting to break. Was in the 60's today and warm the last few days. Going to get cooler again the next few days, but the end of winter is near.

That cherry smells great! I used apple last year. Gotta dig my offset out and I have some ribs, and a duck that needs to be cooked.

Been using a mix of charcoal bricks and the odd ball pieces of cherry all winter long in my offset. Did a round roast a few days ago and man does that make for a great lunchtime sammich!

Been using a mix of charcoal bricks and the odd ball pieces of cherry all winter long in my offset. Did a round roast a few days ago and man does that make for a great lunchtime sammich!

Last weekend was enough to break out the smoker for a whole chicken here in Lehigh - used combo of cherry and I tapped into a big downed hickory that I was saving for some fresh "cookies" to bust up and mix in. Still had to go through a foot + of snow to get it though...

I have about 50 lbs of venison to turn into snak sticks and trail bologna but the weather was so damn stupid all winter I decided to wait until it "warmed'' up. I custom built my own smoker. It is a big one. 5 feet tall and 30" inside width.
I used an old propane stove out of a pop up camper, plumbed to a 25 lb LP tank outside. I can hang up to 25 pounds of sticks and sausage in there and smoke away. Temps from 90 degrees up to close to 300.
It has an air intake in the lower part of the door and an 4" exhaust ''chimney' out of the top. Dual digital thermometers keep close tabs on the inside air temp as well as the product temp. All viewable through a large window in the door. I couldn't stand not seeing what I was doing. It is also heavily insulated and clad in vinyl siding with a shingled roof for all season protection
This is the only pic I could find and that was when I was building it. LOL

smoke1.jpg

Inside shot from last year

smoke.jpg

I have about 50 lbs of venison to turn into snak sticks and trail bologna but the weather was so damn stupid all winter I decided to wait until it "warmed'' up. I custom built my own smoker. It is a big one. 5 feet tall and 30" inside width.
I used an old propane stove out of a pop up camper, plumbed to a 25 lb LP tank outside. I can hang up to 25 pounds of sticks and sausage in there and smoke away. Temps from 90 degrees up to close to 300.
It has an air intake in the lower part of the door and an 4" exhaust ''chimney' out of the top. Dual digital thermometers keep close tabs on the inside air temp as well as the product temp. All viewable through a large window in the door. I couldn't stand not seeing what I was doing. It is also heavily insulated and clad in vinyl siding with a shingled roof for all season protection
This is the only pic I could find and that was when I was building it. LOL

View attachment 339148

Inside shot from last year

View attachment 339149

Now that's a...SMOKER!!!!! :clap:

Latest posts

Back