Learn me about the Husky 460..

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Applehead

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
Homeowner special or not ?

Got a look at a clean one 24" bar , asking 425.

A friend who cuts firewood for charity with me has one that has had plenty of abuse and its a runner for sure. I am cheap though and 375 would be my max. A refurb is about that with a 20"....plastic on huskys cleans well compared to stihl and they look new again with a little super clean and an air compressor.

Its classified as a Rancher saw but it will do everything you want it to.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This will sound terrible, and I apologize to those offended, but 425 will get you a used "real husky". I've picked up a nice (well, runs nice) 385 for $400, a ported 288 for $450 and a clean 394 for $460

the saws huskstihl mentions are bigger cc's and weight about the same.the 455's and 460's are kind of heavy.If your not Brand Bias and would like a New saw check out the Echo CS590.Still a tad Heavy but really good saws.

Thanks for all the replies !

Saw was like new , but he wouldn't come down on price at all. I would have paid 3-3 1/2.

the saws huskstihl mentions are bigger cc's and weight about the same.the 455's and 460's are kind of heavy.If your not Brand Bias and would like a New saw check out the Echo CS590.Still a tad Heavy but really good saws.

Just saw one new for370 free shipping...they seem to perform well.

Jughead makes a great point. $400 for a new CS590. Sounds like the guy bought the saw, used if for his purposes and now wants the $ out of it. Specs are:

Model 460 / CS590
Displacement 60.3 cc / 59.8
Power 3.62 hp / 3.83hp
Weight 12.79 lbs / 13.3 lbs​

Jughead makes a great point. $400 for a new CS590. Sounds like the guy bought the saw, used if for his purposes and now wants the $ out of it. Specs are:

Model 460 / CS590
Displacement 60.3 cc / 59.8
Power 3.62 hp / 3.83hp
Weight 12.79 lbs / 13.3 lbs​
How'd you get echo's hp ratings? Thought those were classified top secret...

Also with the echo a simple muffler mod can bump that up a bit more.didnt see too much gain on the 455 mm.not that I did it on mine just didnt see much use.the 455 is a good saw for what it is though.

The $370 for a new one sounds like a great price for a 460. Is that new new or refurb new?
That price was for a 590 echo. In this case, I would rather have the new echo than a refurb husky.

I have a 435 refurb and have used the crap out of that saw...and its still going.

I have bought some 'refurbished' Poulan Pro trimmers and a pole saw..other than the bent bar on the pole saw (seller replaced)

I haven't had any trouble...(knock on wood) - way cheaper than new - sure good for 'loan-out' too - must use Amsoil at 40:1..:D

J2F

Latest posts

Back