Let`s say you are an 12 hours/day Lumberjack

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
my main go to saw for cutting firewood all day long has been the 2159/18", for a one saw only day.... other than this it would be the trusty 670 with a 20"/full chisle... only for the raw power and ease on the lower back! so for a real choice of cc, 65 should do it up right....

I'd take my Husqvarna 365 with 20" bar, blasts through stuff that size.

Of course, I never go anywhere without a backup saw, so my 346xp would be on the truck with its 16" bar just in case.

Out of all my saws I would choose my 372xpw with a stihl 24in bar and a rsc chiz chain, alot less bending and you will get used to the weight. Hech somewhere on this site someone said the cut timber with a ms 880 with a 36in bar for 2 weeks, Im fairly big guy and I would be draging it buy the end of the first morning.

Modded 441 with 20" bar with Full Skip RMC (Round Tooth) chain.

If the "noodling" part needed a longer bar then use a 24".

It gets great gas mileage and can keep you grinning for 12 hours.

Sam

Chasers make noodles when The Forester shows up and finds a large puddle of hydraulic oil heading for the ditch. That is, if they don't have that fancy oil be gone kitty littler. Chasers can work very fast to make noodles.

Fallers work six hour days here. So, using that illogic, maybe you should carry two saws for two shifts of work.

Maybe you should ask this question on the Forestry and Logging forum?

Back