lets see them motorcycles

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Easy to mess up in such a demanding race....240 miles with 40 mile laps thru curving, raising and lowering terrain thru city streets with hairpin turns as well.

Not to mention the poss. of bike failure that is even more likely.

We have a Super Bike race couple of hours from my house at Mid Ohio, and they are incredible, but a lap is a few minutes.

Friend of mine I ride with that I met thru my wife's work so he can fly sorta free too were talking about all going over and wondered if we could rent some bikes while there. If you got there early enough you could ride the course and really appreciate the race. Just to ride thru the countryside would be an honor.

Prob. just a dream....but you never know.

I can fly for free (almost) as the wife retired from the airlines. I am gonna start searching the possibilities of getting over there.

Glad someone else is enjoying the race and HD makes it all the more spectacular. Don't know if I said this but I recorded it on the DVR and I am wearing it out. If I wasn't an old treeman, I would love to try to race in an environment like that. Circuit racing seems boring after watching this.

Never to late to start, I dont know about there but there are a few "cheap" racing classes here. (not that the word "cheap" can ever be in the same sentence as "racing"). Check out Bucket Racing. Dirt cheap, not high speed but great fun.

Never to late to start, I dont know about there but there are a few "cheap" racing classes here. (not that the word "cheap" can ever be in the same sentence as "racing"). Check out Bucket Racing. Dirt cheap, not high speed but great fun.

Thanks for the thought Timber. I might start out with a few track days then look it up. We have a "Vintage Days" at the Super Bike Week here where old timers mix it up on the track. Money spent, or even money lost (crash) are the consideration you are talking about, but that worry has to add to the thrill, until you hit the deck, or sidetrack $ from the bus. when you get hooked. But it has to be a riot.

Over here we have Hillclimb Sprint racing (on roads) which is fairly cheap, its against the clock and theres all sorts of different bikes competing.

Not to change the subject, but....

I finally got my Valkyrie on the road!:clap::clap::clap:
Here are some before & after shots.
attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

After a year of fixing, it's great to be riding it. I still need to re-jet the carbs to take advantage of the pipes but she moves out pretty good and she's by far the smoothest and most stable bike I have ever owned.
:cheers:

'99 Fat Boy

Vanes and Hines longshots, and Saddleman seat. Rest is stock. Awesome ride today as the leaves are beginning to turn in Michigan.

attachment.php

Bucket racing!

attachment.php
attachment.php
I caught up with a mate who does Bucket racing. Im looking at stripping down an RG50 I have.....like I dont have enough 2 stroke engines to look after!

Basically the bike has to be a road bike (no MX, enduro or racebikes) and they come in two classes

Formula four
2 stroke 55-100cc
2 stroke 55-125cc air cooled
4 stroke 55-150cc

Formula five
2 stroke 0-50cc
4 stroke 0-100cc air cooled

So you buy a $500 ax100,mb100, ts100, fxr150, cb125 rg50 etc strip it down, hot it up and throw some big ass tires on it and go racing.

Heres a little flic

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZSS79m9yvWc

Get some mates together, rent a cart track or tire up a carpark and start racing!

Last edited:
attachment.php
attachment.php
I caught up with a mate who does Bucket racing. Im looking at stripping down an RG50 I have.....like I dont have enough 2 stroke engines to look after!

Basically the bike has to be a road bike (no MX, enduro or racebikes) and they come in two classes

Formula four
2 stroke 55-100cc
2 stroke 55-125cc air cooled
4 stroke 55-150cc

Formula five
2 stroke 0-50cc
4 stroke 0-100cc air cooled

So you buy a $500 ax100,mb100, ts100, fxr150, cb125 rg50 etc strip it down, hot it up and throw some big ass tires on it and go racing.

Heres a little flic

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZSS79m9yvWc

Get some mates together, rent a cart track or tire up a carpark and start racing!

That would be absolutely #### hot fun.

'08 Concours14

Sold the HD Road King.....got on this (bike of the year)....it does what I wanted a HD to do for over 20 years.

SPORT Touring :cheers:

'08 Concours14 ABS

Sport Touring 1400cc same frame/drivetrain as the sport bike, just with a fairing.

I can't begin to say how much fun this bike is to ride all day long!

Latest posts

Back