lets see them motorcycles

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks for the compliments! The scoot under the tarp is a 1965 Bridgestone 90TR. Use to be my dad's bike, and after he died it ended up in my mom's basement. When my mom passed a couple of years ago it came to my yard to live. The woman is searching out parts to restore it, which is a slow job. It is a dual useage bike, little 90cc 2-stroke, and has a double sprocket on the back wheel. One sprocket for street use, other sprocket for off road. I actually learned to ride on that bike. My feet wouldn't reach the ground. We had a cement porch that was elevated off the ground. My dad would start the bike, and push it up to the porch, and I would swing over the bike, and would hope that I didn't need to stop until I made it back to where I began.

Last edited:
77 shovelhead, was my Dad's since new, I rode it to Harley 105th, got a lot of attention which I was suprised about. But most shovelheads got mutilated.

DSCF0023-1.jpg

DSCN1381.jpg

Here's my 1st harley next to my uncle's 78

Gary5-14-05011.jpg

Last edited:
Nice shovel but man those banana calipers SUCK! I just got done taking all the play out of a 78 FLH braking system and even with all new bushings and pins and drilled and pinned calipers they still rattle. I love the old iron but sometimes it really gets my blood boiling.

Nice shovel but man those banana calipers SUCK! I just got done taking all the play out of a 78 FLH braking system and even with all new bushings and pins and drilled and pinned calipers they still rattle. I love the old iron but sometimes it really gets my blood boiling.

Thanks, and no kidding. I have to rebuild them every couple years.

I gotta say they are both cool scoots but if I think H.D. has done great things with vibration control and fuel injection. I like yours a lot. I have been a rider for many years and have ignored Harleys for about 35 years due to vibration intolerance on my part. My rubber mount 07 883C is perfect for my needs. It tops out a little over 100, I don't need to go there often....it will run all day long at 80, the mirrors stay clear at any speed, the forward controls and stock bars fit me perfectly. The vibration moves around with the speed but never becomes bothersome just enough to know that the bike is still running. I think you have the better bike.:hmm3grin2orange::hmm3grin2orange: How do you feel about it. If you wanted to ride a thousand miles or so what would you want to do it on, your Sportster of one of the larger older bikes?

No doubt, they've done a lot for comfort, and they've come a long way. There's still something that can't be explained about rolling down the pavement on that old iron though, it's gotta be felt, and it's not for everyone.

Someday I may buy a nice newer bagger and do some nice long riding, but that 77 has been all over the country, my dad wore out three speedometers on it, all dying around 30,000 miles.....add it up, not many shovelheads out there with those miles, in perfect condition.

Last edited:
[video=youtube;HadMUzb8ug0]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=HadMUzb8ug0[/video]
man do i miss her!!:( Lost her about a year ago!! She was sitting in the basement for 3 years so it had to be done.

Nice naked wing there sdmaker! If you need new throttle shaft felt seals for her let me know, I manufacture an upgraded seal that's twice as nice as the originals were.

Yours is sweet too avason although I like 'em to idle a little slower so it sounds like they are on the verge of quitting.

jpdocdave said:
There's still something that can't be explained about rolling down the pavement on that old iron though, it's gotta be felt, and it's not for everyone.
Truth!

The closest thing to it is the feeling I get when I hang out around the ancient steam engines running at the threshing shows or the old steam locomotives puffing through the mountains.

attachment.php

JGR concept bike. Head is reverse machined to keep the weight back. :D Pretty wicked looking machine.

Been thinking over the idea of trading the YZ450 for a dual sport. Get a lil better gas mileage just cruisin around to my buddies houses, and work. Not real good for haulin saws

OK so here I am breaking out the chainsaws to take my mind off my PMS (Parked Motorcycle Syndrome) and what do I find here???

A reminder that I can't ride my scoot!!

That's just not right.... :cry:

(Honda VTX 1800)

In this weather I could be out riding! They're predicting 44F for Tuesday and if it happens I'm pulling out the Aspencade!

My Springer

springerdw.jpg

Frenched in the 39 lLED taighlight on a Fatboy rear fender myself mig welded the pan and used lead no bondo
fender7jpeg.jpg

fender3jpeg.jpg

springerrear.jpg

Did the paint also PPG DBU black with HOK purple ghost flames
fenderflame2.jpg

Wifes Fatboy the 1100 Silverado ,650 vstar and my sons Buell Firebolt
silveradogroup.jpg

The Vstar got me back into riding in 99 after the kids were all grown. I bought the 1100 after I we bought the two Harleys because it was a great deal. My neighbor bought it for his wife and she dropped it in the driveway and wouldn't get back on it. Minor scuff on the pipe.

Last edited:
Back