let's see your firewood dog!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm jealous. Your dogs actually catch critters. Ole Nemo has been trying his bestest to get a squirrel. Man he's gotten sooo close. They keep climbing up trees to safety. His routine never fails. Open the back door and he'll sneak out. I usually have to kick his tail out of the way so I can close the door. He'll sit on the stairs and look for movement. Squirrel! Then comes stalking mode. Looks just like a lion on the plains of Africa right in my back yard. Too bad I don't have more lions, hate all these damn squirrels.

You should be shot letting that dog smoke Havanas

lol. Hey, they may be legal soon.

Good looking AB. Who's he from? I had two ABs. One from Alan Scott and another from a guy in TX. Awesome dogs. They're the inspiration for my AS name and my email. They do have a bit of an issue with flatulence but usually love kids so that makes up for it. They're also usually goofy as hell, especially the males. Who's the female from?
I figured thats where the AS name came from haha. The breed is pretty goofy as hell like you said. At least my guy is for that matter. He has a crazy on/off switch which is what drew me to the breed in the first place. He is extremely obedient and loves to "work" for me, and is protective almost to a fault, but can be so goofy that it makes you wonder if its the the same dog sometimes. He is out of a White mountain Kennels breeding with the Stud dog being Axle "drunken grease monkey" which is one of my favorite looking AB's of all time. The new female we are picking up is a Joshua Kennels dog out of florida. Jabez and Sharon of rose are her parents. Im sure if you know AB's you've heard of Joshua Kennels and his "ol' southern white' line of dogs. Looking forward to having 2 dogs in the house with working peds. Maybe a little overkill for house dogs, but the intention is to attempt tittling the dogs, and maybe even trying to get them on a few hunts. Love your dog btw. Looks real good.

Good looking AB. Who's he from? I had two ABs. One from Alan Scott and another from a guy in TX. Awesome dogs. They're the inspiration for my AS name and my email. They do have a bit of an issue with flatulence but usually love kids so that makes up for it. They're also usually goofy as hell, especially the males. Who's the female from?
Do you have any pics of your ab's from the past? Love to see em

Hunter cleared the porch on the leap out the door. If he hit the ground before the squirrel turned around, one less squirrel. After he turned one, the remaining squirrels left the trees you see across the street. He got 7 before his first birthday.

I figured thats where the AS name came from haha. The breed is pretty goofy as hell like you said. At least my guy is for that matter. He has a crazy on/off switch which is what drew me to the breed in the first place. He is extremely obedient and loves to "work" for me, and is protective almost to a fault, but can be so goofy that it makes you wonder if its the the same dog sometimes. He is out of a White mountain Kennels breeding with the Stud dog being Axle "drunken grease monkey" which is one of my favorite looking AB's of all time. The new female we are picking up is a Joshua Kennels dog out of florida. Jabez and Sharon of rose are her parents. Im sure if you know AB's you've heard of Joshua Kennels and his "ol' southern white' line of dogs. Looking forward to having 2 dogs in the house with working peds. Maybe a little overkill for house dogs, but the intention is to attempt tittling the dogs, and maybe even trying to get them on a few hunts. Love your dog btw. Looks real good.

Oh yeah, I've heard of Joshua Kennels. Visited their site several times. I wanted a dog from them but made the mistake of visiting a shelter. Couldn't say no to those pitiful eyes. So many dogs with no homes.

Do you have any pics of your ab's from the past? Love to see em
I have to get some. Gave them to my brother when I was in college. With school and working I had no time for the dogs. The girl used to beat up the boy all the time, even though my male outweighs here and is a ball of muscle.

View attachment 388076
This is my buddy Koda, he is a black lab-mix. He has / been in the woods with me since he was just a pup.

LMAO!!!!

That is awesome!!!!!

He's like typical Black Lab " Hi Dad, Did you say treat? Because I'm right here and I could of sworn you said treat."

excellent. You have a good buddy there.

Actually everyone does that posted here.

This is Finn on a hike at Acadia NP. 7 years old, pretty much goes everywhere with us. Also with me whenever I cut and split wood, harassing the local critters. Favorite game is finding mice hiding in the wood stacks. Just found out he ruptured his second acl on his rear leg, surgery coming.

Attachments

• DSC01134.JPG
    DSC01134.JPG
    146.7 KB · Views: 30
I'm jealous. Your dogs actually catch critters. Ole Nemo has been trying his bestest to get a squirrel. Man he's gotten sooo close. They keep climbing up trees to safety. His routine never fails. Open the back door and he'll sneak out. I usually have to kick his tail out of the way so I can close the door. He'll sit on the stairs and look for movement. Squirrel! Then comes stalking mode. Looks just like a lion on the plains of Africa right in my back yard. Too bad I don't have more lions, hate all these damn squirrels.

Red Squirrels are my absolute favorite baby sitters. I usually leave 2 around during the summer for this purpose. Clint and the squirrels go back and forth squawking at each other for hours on end. The Reds don't run away like the Grays do. The just go up and down the tree right outside of his climbing reach.

FFA88ACA-16E3-45CB-A59E-05394234955E_zpsxorjyzdd.jpg

Better than dogs :)

Nice weed eaters you have there.

Back