Lets see your wood shed

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Toddppm

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
Always cool to see others ideas. Finally got something up at my place, this one is about 24 ft long x 10 ft. deep. Need to put up some braces still but it's nice to have a roof finally. Will be doing another on the side, same length but only about 5 ft. deep so I can put eqpt. under part of this one.
attachment.php

Nice sheds.

If there is any time and money left this Summer, I'll be attempting my first milling and it only seems fitting the first project for said lumber is dry storage for more lumber. The Mother of all Firewood sheds will have to wait until the following Summer at this rate.

STLfirewood, are they dry when they go in there? If not, does the wood in the middle of the pile dry OK?

I would post one, but don't thinks anyone really wants to see my beer gut. :msp_wink:

This holds about 3 cord. The other half houses equipment. Built it with my dad a few years back. About 21x12. There 's about 16 cord behind the shed.

42a82c0a-0bfd-177b.jpg

42a82c0a-0c4c-8fdd.jpg

Nice sheds.

If there is any time and money left this Summer, I'll be attempting my first milling and it only seems fitting the first project for said lumber is dry storage for more lumber. The Mother of all Firewood sheds will have to wait until the following Summer at this rate.

STLfirewood, are they dry when they go in there? If not, does the wood in the middle of the pile dry OK?

Not all of the wood is dry when it goes in there. It dries just fine. It doesn't see any rain or snow. I never have any complaints on the wood burning. I also split it pretty small so That helps with drying.

Scott

Built this shed at camp a few years ago after a blow-down destroyed my original structure.

View attachment 204066

Finished shed. One third for wood balance for boat storage. I have maybe three cords in it.

View attachment 204067

I have another smaller structure that I built from scraps of lumber left over from other projects and metal roofing that I had after re-roofing all of the buildings at camp. Cost me next to nothing. This one might hold close to 2 cords.

View attachment 204071

Last edited:
The new and old sheds. The new shed is a little larger and has a few improvements for strength. I'm working on filling the old one right now. The smaller one stores between 3 and 3.5 cord depending on how much space I leave between the rows.

attachment.php

attachment.php

I needed a place I could stack my wood for sales and have it in measured quantities.
I had a bunch of old used lumber in my barn that I needed to get out of the way so I came up with this. I made 8’x5’x24” racks a plywood top and a divider in the middle. Then I rolled a layer if roofing paper on the top and covered it with a tarp. I will put 6 foot wood fencing on the back side when I get the money and get rid of the tarps. That way its covered on all sides except the front. With the fencing boards on the back it can let air through while deflecting the rain off the wood. This way I can easily pull out exactly what the customer wants. This picture was taken before I finished but you can get the idea.
Oh! And there on skids so I can drag them around with the tractor.
Dennis

2ywbbjd.jpg

sbo46v.jpg

talfr4.jpg

Last edited:
some crafty ideas ,i just build a 10 ft long x 5 ft high rack , put em 3 wide and top em with a piece of steel siding that has a couple 2x3 ribs for stiffners ,as the racks get emptied i just pull them away so i dont have to step over empty racks . newest set built with a 1 ft height diff to pitch the water to the back and makes sno raking easier .sides are all open for ventilation . i call it the portable rack n roof system lol

Back