Lets see your wood shed

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Good lord! I'm embarrassed by these fine specimens.

That tears it; I'm building a decent woodshed post haste

I'm not even going to post pictures of my makeshift lean-to's. (hanging head in shame)

No shame....let's see them. I'm sure they are better than when I had a pile of wood, not stacked under a tarp and under two feet of snow. i didn't even have the crap pile on pallets. Let's see them!:msp_thumbsup:

yeah put the pix up!!!
ehhhh, alrighty then. But I must warn you I don't take ridicule well

firewood030.jpg

firewood031.jpg

firewood028.jpg

firewood027.jpg

Under the treehouse is where the pre-split wood goes until the will to split hits me

firewood034.jpg

firewood035.jpg

And here's where I store the incoming wood

littlefulltrailer002.jpg

Last edited:
Forgot one of the bigger ones too:

firewood026.jpg

As you can see, my wood shed consists of carefully stacked areas with roofing felt on the back sides facing the fence lines, roofing felt in the tops, and sometimes another leftover plywood for extra strength. the side yard one was an aluminum restaurant shelf unit with roofing felt over it and wood facing that was kind of woven into it. Staple gun used to secure the roofing felt ot selected pieces of wood.

Alrighty...the only thing I'm really proud of is that it was all scrounged up or leftover material. No cash outlay that had not already been previously laid for another project. Oh...and all free wood too. Gawd...I've turned into such a begger in my pauperdom years

nothin to be ashamed of there brother. you got some good lookin stacks and i just LOVE your trailer!!

Nice stacks dude....wish I would have done that from the beginning of my wood burning years.:clap:

Unfortunately I have "time to stack" on my hands.

That little trailer has been with me since '92. It can be hell to back up, but it makes up for that 3 fold going forward:smile2:

Here is my new shed, I built it this summer with the help of my brother and brother in law. We put it up durring one of the hottest weekends this year, well over 90 degrees. NOT a good idea but we got it done. Shed is 30 foot long x 14 foot wide, 10 foot tall at the front and 6 foot at the back. I am still working on filling it and I also started emptying it already. It should supply me with 3 years of wood, I will just keep rotating which side I grab from.
attachment.php

This by far the nicest one we had. I say had as a mini tornado hit and messed it up pretty bad now. The wood stack is the only thing that kept it from going to the ground. Insurance totaled it out but we'll probably try to true it up and use it as it's just for wood. Close to 80 cord in it again as we filled it back up last Winter. About another 100 cord in other barns underroof but this is the nicest for loading and unloading. Perfect storage to me would be steel post as you wouldn't have to worry about powder post beetles or termites on the buildings structure.

87817d1232828727-mvc-028s-jpg

87818d1232828727-mvc-029s-jpg

87819d1232828727-mvc-030s-jpg

These are old pics and I wish it still looked like that :(

This by far the nicest one we had. I say had as a mini tornado hit and messed it up pretty bad now. The wood stack is the only thing that kept it from going to the ground. Insurance totaled it out but we'll probably try to true it up and use it as it's just for wood. Close to 80 cord in it again as we filled it back up last Winter. About another 100 cord in other barns underroof but this is the nicest for loading and unloading. Perfect storage to me would be steel post as you wouldn't have to worry about powder post beetles or termites on the buildings structure.

These are old pics and I wish it still looked like that :(
Sorry to hear about your shed getting damaged. Damn I like your truck though. Do you burn or sell wood or both? Why so much wood are you a hoarder? HAHAHAHA

Mine should be arriving by next weekend I hope. Don't have the time to build what I want, so I ordered an 18x21 carport to use until I can build what I really want. Once the real deal is built I will use the carport for what it was meant for.

Pics when it comes!

Back