Let's talk about hacks/ ethics we should all have

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Get the certs if you want. I choose not to for the simple reason that I don't have time to. I do my best to keep with proper pruning standards. I admit to hacking a few back in the day when I needed the money but only when I needed it. I don't walk away from it now either. I try to educate the HO and if they can't be swayed I'll rattle off some price 100 times what it's worth and tell them that's what it'll cost for me to do what they want. I've got more work then I can get to doing proper work without the certs. I will say that some contracts do require certified arborist. They are few and far between around here though.

Qualifications don't stop you being a hack, I knew a qualified arborist from a royal warrant company who spiked prunes

I think the problem is that the 'Hacks' do not know they are 'Hacks'. (bless their heart),,
Some 'Hacks' will admit to it and don't care,
Some 'Hacks' actually think they are not 'Hacks',
Most 'Hacks' think it is noble to provide for their family ( of course it is) and Certification's and such are an expensive speed bump that no one in their area cares about that kinda 'stuff',,
All 'Hacks' do not know the opportunity that the education and market knowledge that they call 'no need' is what makes them 'Hacks',
Then there are the guy's that say they are not 'Hacks' because this is not their real job., lol,,
I guess the bottom line on this is,,,

Jeff :)

It turns my stomach when I see move in after flat winds with a pickup and a cheap rate for one day get there beer money leave a mess and make you fellows look bad like them.

(bless their heart),,
Some 'Hacks' will admit to it and don't care,
Some 'Hacks' actually think they are not 'Hacks',
Most 'Hacks' think it is noble to provide for their family ( of course it is) and Certification's and such are an expensive speed bump that no one in their area cares about that kinda 'stuff',,
All 'Hacks' do not know the opportunity that the education and market knowledge that they call 'no need' is what makes them 'Hacks',
Then there are the guy's that say they are not 'Hacks' because this is not their real job., lol,,
I guess the bottom line on this is,,,

Jeff :)[/QUOTE]

Back