Lets talk skidders...

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Not too bad for the steeps... A lot of coolies though. Here's a screen shot of the sale area via Google Earth. The back part of the sale gets steep, and you can see the "sets" from old line machine jobs.

Google Earth 47° 25' 54.64" N -113° 48' 21.72" W

attachment.php

i know its montana,but that looks flat as a pancake!there must be canyons in there?

Well, it's about as flat as it gets here... If you zoom in with Google Earth, you can see there are some substantial little hills and coolies... Then, of course you have the Mission Mountain Wilderness right there--that's super steep, rugged country!

ya im thinking i see a triangular clearcut from the lowest of the steeps there?high lead,along with a couple other partial cuts?

Are you using Google to look at it? Google Earth is free, and fun to use. You can look at stuff all over the world.

I use it to scout promising looking elk spots. :D

tell you what i dont really have a clue what im looking at but,im 33 been doing this stuff for awhile and i am seeing in the next two years a significant change in forestry,and if you can convince em its low impact,thats how you are gonna get projects...

by the way mescalero apaches have some of the biggest bulls in the world right in my backyard,for a price!and no you dont want to know how much.

I've seen pics of them NM bulls! Pretty big suckers!

I'll just spend the 30 bucks on my over the counter tag, and chase them buggers around the woods every year. :D

i agree,them big old ones no good eating they only for trophy guys,but those young lightweight cows,you can damn near eat that meat right off the bone!hmm im hungry now...business wise though im looking at starting up my own gig,you have helped me a bit maybe i can return the favor someday,im gonna go check the fridge now...

i agree,them big old ones no good eating they only for trophy guys,but those young lightweight cows,you can damn near eat that meat right off the bone!hmm im hungry now...business wise though im looking at starting up my own gig,you have helped me a bit maybe i can return the favor someday,im gonna go check the fridge now...

I'm grabbing a bite to eat, and talking with the wife... I'll be back on here in a few.

well started the first 120 acre stewardship unit today,got our two d6cs goin waiting on the grappleskid for tomorrow,alot of sorting i was stuck on the loader most of the day between loading then sorting plenty to do,they want all the limbs skidded in they wont even let us limb the first 33'we can buck it out though,they want everything skidded in,gonna need a full time loaderman until we streamline the decking end of things,through the tribe 1"to6"inch one part of contract(we did not get)gets drop lop,6"to9"gets fell and brought in i set it back to catpile,saw logs go on the truck,saw some figures on pj'spaperwork today not quite sure what those numbers were but all of them looked good,keep your eyes on that stewardship gig this is the most optimistic i have been in over two years...:clap:

well started the first 120 acre stewardship unit today,got our two d6cs goin waiting on the grappleskid for tomorrow,alot of sorting i was stuck on the loader most of the day between loading then sorting plenty to do,they want all the limbs skidded in they wont even let us limb the first 33'we can buck it out though,they want everything skidded in,gonna need a full time loaderman until we streamline the decking end of things,through the tribe 1"to6"inch one part of contract(we did not get)gets drop lop,6"to9"gets fell and brought in i set it back to catpile,saw logs go on the truck,saw some figures on pj'spaperwork today not quite sure what those numbers were but all of them looked good,keep your eyes on that stewardship gig this is the most optimistic i have been in over two years...:clap:

NICE! I'll be calling the FS again tomorrow to bug the **** out of them.:greenchainsaw:

keep on em!wether they realize it or not,when the loggers go so do the f.s.timber guys,a few of them around here see this, and seem to be stepping it up a notch,i hope you have the same luck

keep on em!wether they realize it or not,when the loggers go so do the f.s.timber guys,a few of them around here see this, and seem to be stepping it up a notch,i hope you have the same luck

True.

What is wrong? I was marking right of way yesterday and feeling sympathy for the cutters who will have to cut it. There's some nice 30" DBH stuff but it is so wolfy, I had trouble getting paint to go through the limbs and stick to the tree. Poor boys. They'll have to cut their way in to get to the bole.

Keep on posting about stewardship. I need to learn too!

Called Mike today... He said they have a small 160 MBF sale coming up, and they probably wont see much interest in it, because it's so small... Lord willing, I can be the only bidder?

I Google Earthed the sale area, and it looks like all Lodgepole. If nothing is worth hauling out of there, that's when I have Kevin come in and grind it all on site, and have him give me something like 18 a ton?

That nice Swan Blowdown Sale (6 MMBF?) might be getting delayed from special interest groups trying to appeal/sue... Those ####ing jerk-ass enviros piss me right off!:censored::censored::censored:

say a load of green logs minus the truck weight is roughly 50,000 lbs,getting paid by the ton you will be around 450 per load if my math is right,and you would just cut and skid,sounds allright you could probably cut and skid a load or two a day?:monkey:

Just found two job listings for work in the woods... Choker setter job for $15-$16 an hour... Both jobs are for same company.

Sawyer, $157.50 a day, plus $22.50 a day for expenses. :jawdrop:

That better be for a 6 hour day!

Latest posts

Back