limbing saw

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dozerman37

ArboristSite Member
Reaction score
oh k so i went down to my local small engine chainsaw repair guy today "bens repair" to drop off one of my uncles landing saws "575 xp" and when i was their i was looking at his used saws. im looking at limbimg saws. he has 3 to choose from. all of which seem good for the price, thiers a $300, jonsered 2152, a $225, stihl 024, and a $275, stihl 028? i like the jonsered because its almost new looking and i done a lot of research on those being as good as the 346 xp husqvarna that ive used before and been very pleased with. the two stihls are kind of rough looking but much older im guessing i supose they still got life enough left being rebuilt n all. anyone know much about these models? im limbing pulp, "hemlock pine" and lots of firewood logs. we do anywhere from 4 to 7 hitches a day and the dolmar 6400 and husky 268 i use are pretty heavy for lots of limbing. im a young buck and can handle it i guess, but i could save alot future back pain probably using a small saw for specific limbing dutys. thanks for any help. :chainsaw:

I would go with 2152 before the 024 but i have no time on the 028 so i don't know about that one !!
I got a 346xpg for limbing/small felling saw and love it, smooth and quick :)

oh k so i went down to my local small engine chainsaw repair guy today "bens repair" to drop off one of my uncles landing saws "575 xp" and when i was their i was looking at his used saws. im looking at limbimg saws. he has 3 to choose from. all of which seem good for the price, thiers a $300, jonsered 2152, a $225, stihl 024, and a $275, stihl 028? i like the jonsered because its almost new looking and i done a lot of research on those being as good as the 346 xp husqvarna that ive used before and been very pleased with. the two stihls are kind of rough looking but much older im guessing i supose they still got life enough left being rebuilt n all. anyone know much about these models? im limbing pulp, "hemlock pine" and lots of firewood logs. we do anywhere from 4 to 7 hitches a day and the dolmar 6400 and husky 268 i use are pretty heavy for lots of limbing. im a young buck and can handle it i guess, but i could save alot future back pain probably using a small saw for specific limbing dutys. thanks for any help. :chainsaw:

If a Husky 268 is heavy, start some weight training. I limb all day with a 575.
I can't offer advice on the three saws you mentioned, but I'd buy a Stihl over a red.

limb saw

nah the 268 isnt much heavy, but i seen whats happened to my uncle, and hes a very cautious guy logging. 32 years of it. and every year theirs a day here and their where he has to see a chiropracter for his back. its aweful. and he tells me "save your back and use a light saw as much as you can efficiently" i dont want structure problems down the road and be old at 50. i love my 268. it put my dolmar to shame and its a good 15 or so years older. i also use a 575 on the landing. great saw, its seen alot of shop hours tho.

I only own ms660 and two ms200t. Lil ones up big one down. Have an 18" bar for limbing and a 25" for the big limbs. My 42 incher drops 'em. That's all ya need and plenty of power to make the job go fast.

Back