List a saws design flaw

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've seens the muffler bolts on a LOT of Husqvarna saws vibrate loose. Solution: Tighter machining of threads on cylinder and/or bolts.
Dolmar air filters are undersized and clog easily. Solution: Make a filter with larger surface area. (this is already in the works from what I've read on the forum)

I've seens the muffler bolts on a LOT of Husqvarna saws vibrate loose. Solution: Tighter machining of threads on cylinder and/or bolts.
Dolmar air filters are undersized and clog easily. Solution: Make a filter with larger surface area. (this is already in the works from what I've read on the forum)

Husqvarna remedied the muffler bolt situation with a bracket to connect the muffler to the crankcase with additional bolts. This was standard practice for decades on many brands including Husqvarna, they apparently tried to save a buck on a couple of models and it did not work. The mufflers were to large to be supported by two bolts through the middle, add in heat expansion and vibration and the bolts would work themselves loose. Problem has been addressed and solved. It sucked for the "beta tester" consumers and cost Husqvarna a lot future customers. Having the saws sold by non-repairing dealers/vendors also did not help the situation.

Lack of nose sprocket lubrication hole on Stihl bars.

I have alot of different bars and I like the no lube ES sprockets. Always spin freely for me.

My lube sprockets (all brands I have) tend to stop spinning as freely if I don't lube them. I think that once the noses have been greased they need to continue to be greased - but since they come greased from the factory I'll never know if it is true.

Or I suppose the small grease hole get crud into the nose.

Or maybe the ES sprockets are simply better sprockets, I don't know.

Latest posts

Back