List of wood's BF price

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Duane Broussard

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
Just wondering if anyone has a list of various types of wood and their current BF prices. Cypress, white/yellow pine, cedar, spruce, fur to name a few. Maybe someone has a weblink to a current list?? Sure would be helpful.
Thanks to all for your help!
Duane

Prices

Duane here is the address of a place in NY with a price list. Don't know if its current or has what you are looking for, but its www.woodply.com/p_hardwood.htm I think I just googled to find it a while ago. There should be a p_ but its all coming up underlined.

Last edited:
Prices of wood vary tremendously from one part of the country to another. Supply and demand kick in there as a big part of the equation. Since transportation costs are starting to get even crazier than they were, species that have to be trucked across the country will be even more expensive. Example... over 70% of the WORLDS supply of black cherry (prunis serotina) comes from Pennsylvania. That's one reason it retails for $4-5 a foot here on east coast, and $6-7 on the west coast.

Thanks for the link sawyer.
Cypress wasn't in there. I suppose my primary woods I need prices on would be white and yellow pine, cypress, red cedar and oak. Surley there's a link somewhere where someone keeps a tally of the going "current" prices per BF. Let me know if anyone comes across such a link. I'll do the same.

Back