log splitter

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
splitting wood

I agree in using a maul for the most economical way to split wood. I however, split a lot of 4o" or longer logs for my outdoor wood boiler. this includes a lot of green softwood that just isn't suited for hardly any splitting tool out there. that is until I found the stickler. using a floor jack makes installing the tool easy. (about 10 min.), and you don't have to lift the logs (only one end-this is where a cant hook helps). I live in the north and heat two homes and hot water for 8 months, so I split at least 30 cord of wood a year, probably more. there are a lot of factors. for normal cord wood, I'd stay with the maul. it's better for you and the enviornment. but for oversize wood such as a lot of biolers take. I think the stickler is great. I have heard of other screw type splitters out there, but I don't know any. If anyone knows of any, I'd love to take a look. I've been using my stickler for years, and it's taken a beating. I'll need to get a new one soon.

Latest posts

Back