logger's pants

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

forestryworks

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
what pants do some of you guys wear?

apparently i'm not very good at putting on my own buttons for my suspenders...
besides bailey's and wood's, any other places i can order pants that already have suspender buttons on them?

like maybe these?

pic-faller.jpg

the BC loggers seem to have blue-ish pants with the buttons already on 'em.

Fashion tips....again?

Oh boy, more fashion talk. I like to wear the Carharts. I have a pair of the logger jeans, which have buttons already on 'em. They have a double front on the legs, and are hot and heavy at times. But the double front has saved my legs from getting poked and bloody cuz I was stupid and didn't get 12" top boots. I believe Dickies also makes jeans with the buttons. I also have the brown Carhart dungarees which are similar to the logger jeans but I had to install buttons. The brown ones are a little bit cooler. What is the problem with buttons? You need to buy what my mom calls Bachelor Buttons. You use a hammer to install them. The process is similar to putting a grommet on whatever one would put a grommet on. Don't bang too hard with the hammer or they'll bend. I'm lucky and can buy all the above locally (50 miles) when the sales are on. Carharts run about $27 when on sale. Madsens has them in their store so they must be in their mail order. Now, I plan to look up dyes so I can make a :biggrinbounce2: pastel hickory shirt. Come winter, I'll switch to wearing tin pants, (Filson) which come with buttons already installed. They held up well last winter, except where I wore holes from caulking them. I saved the cut off leg fabric...the tin pants come in 1 inseam length and it is LONG, and super glued it to the holy area and it has held up.

The question is do you have to run a saw? If you do then you should / must wear a safety pant. If not, then whatever is comfortable. Carharts are good.

Home owner question sorry, but I would like a pr too.

had anyone ever been saved, or used the safety features in these type of pants. I am an auto mechanic and I have heavy duck pants that last and seem fine, but they are not Kevlar not that stuff that is supposed to fray up and tangle onto the saw stopping it. I want to know which safety method has been proved.

Thanks in advance, leanring lots here.

Home owner question sorry, but I would like a pr too.

but they are not Kevlar not that stuff that is supposed to fray up and tangle onto the saw stopping it.

They work! Anyone here who has a run a saw at some point in their existence has probably dragged their saw across the thigh. I know I have a nice neat cut in mine from some time ago and which kept me out of the ER

Hey everyone. This is my first post here, looks like a good forum. Kick my rear if I post something stupid or violate the rules.

I mostly wear Prison Blu aka Prison Blues. They are a bit pricey but I like the cut. Cowlitz has them though I have bought direct. I also like Key 444-01. They are a slimmer fit but don't have a tool pocket on the leg. Both have rugged suspender buttons. I generally wear chaps too.

here in oregon, i go to the logging supply store and there you can buy any style of logging style pants you can think of. if your running a chainsaw you can get heavy denim pants with buttons on the inside for insert style safety chaps, thats what i proffer because the chaps dont hang up on brush when i have to run. costs about $50-$60 for the jeans and the chaps.

I wear chaps over the carharts, and they get too hot in the afternoon. Very hot. Hot so I'm really cranky when the tourists drive up. A chaser claims the double front will work the same as chaps but I don't want to find out. There's Key jeans too. They are on sale frequently.

Cut Nekkid

I wear chaps over the carharts, and they get too hot in the afternoon. Very hot. Hot so I'm really cranky when the tourists drive up. A chaser claims the double front will work the same as chaps but I don't want to find out. There's Key jeans too. They are on sale frequently.

We don't want no cranks out there....So cut nekkid, but with chaps. :popcorn:
We thot all of PNW cuts that way.:buttkick:

I wear light cotton poly blend pants under chaps in summer and heavy work jeans under chaps in winter. I had a leather belt sewn into my chaps and it does a good job of holding up my pants as well as my axe and wedge pouch.

Duh I forgot to mention I also wear wildland firefighting pants. After wearing them at work for years I guess I took them for granted. These pants don't have suspender buttons but they are really light and dry fast. If you are working in berry vines or thorns you will need chaps there too. I have purchased several pairs ebay especially during the winter.

Always get a 46 waist and then the saw dust will drop right thru.:greenchainsaw:
Anybody ever wear those Lee 88 's with a button fly? When they were new and stiff and you go to take a leak it looked like you were having a real good time especially if your hands were cold.
I like Madsens house brand. I had a few pair of Keys several years ago and altho well made the back pockets were huge. Big enough to stuff a muskrat in.
I do like Rcoulas in the summer here. Too hot for jeans.

Key bought the patterns from Lee so those guys that have been around who may have liked the Lee loggers will like the Keys. The waist seems to be cut a little higher than the carharts.

Thanks for that, I'll give them a try. Since I wore out my last pair of 'Friscos I haven't been able to find anything that really holds up as good as they did.
And on a side note..logger's pants are supposed to be BLACK...not blue or green or brown or tan or chartruese and definitely not, regardless of what Slowp says, any kind of pastel!
Maybe blue...if you can't get black. No pastels. :hmm3grin2orange:

Last edited:
Back