logger's pants

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Home owner question sorry, but I would like a pr too.

had anyone ever been saved, or used the safety features in these type of pants. I want to know which safety method has been proved.

Thanks in advance, leanring lots here.

http://www.labonville.com/videos/v2.htm

Video takes a bit to load, but it is worth it. these are tests on chaps. Keep in mind, that even the ones that are cut through saved from a MUCH more serious injury. I have seen chaps stop a saw dead from wide open with 0 injury to the operator. Cannot say the same if he had hit his leg with just heavy pants on. I DO NOT cut without them now.

Carhartt Double Fronts, 9 months of the year and Dickes twill flat fronts the other three. I think I'm going to switch to the carhartts full time now i've blown the seats outta all the dickies and have sewn more tears and rips in them than i can stand.

Hi Slowp Filson makes some great products. Filson does sell a re-treatment wax for their tin products. Simply heat the area(s) needing re-treatment(hair drier will work) and apply the wax. Rub the wax in liberally, sometimes if you heat the wax a bit, it melts into the tin cloth easier. Call Filson, they definetely have the treatment product. They sent me a few free cans, good luck!!

Hi Slowp Filson makes some great products. Filson does sell a re-treatment wax for their tin products. Simply heat the area(s) needing re-treatment(hair drier will work) and apply the wax. Rub the wax in liberally, sometimes if you heat the wax a bit, it melts into the tin cloth easier. Call Filson, they definetely have the treatment product. They sent me a few free cans, good luck!!

Thanks, here's my discoveries. The boot grease worked just as well, except was a little messy the first couple of days. This morning, while looking for something else, I found the can of wax. I used the hairdryer on them the last time and now don't want to use it much on my hair. The handle got icky. But I wear those pants pretty much every week day from Nov. to March. The cuffs are ripping and I will need to patch the left leg now. I catch the legs on my calks sometimes. If they make it through this winter, they'll work out to $50 a year pants. I figure they're worth that. I'm lucky. I live within an hour of a couple of good saw shops, work wear store, and, and and....and a Cabelas just opened up. Now if the flooding goes down so I can get to the stores!:) No flooding here but there is there.

I wear the Dickies twill double knees with riggin' buttons for my suspenders. lot's of room for "The :censored: Boys" and nice a cool. I wear inside chaps as well.

logger king

those pants are made by big k clothing there called logger kings

http://www.bigkclothing.com/logger_king.htm

thats what I ware

I have bought a few of there products and have been dissapointed. I have the orange and black pants in the picture on the web page you listed. I found them to have ZERO breathing. So much so they would stink to high heaven after one day of use and be super heavy from sweat. they are just starting to be dragged out now that winter is setting in. the material is sturdy but melts readily when you rest exhoust near it [like a pole pruner power head]

I have a set of there chaps as well and found to have cheap easily brocken snaps.

I have good success with a companey in Salmon Arm BC; forget the name but it would not be hard to track them down if anyone is interested.

The stihl pants are not to bad either; they tend to get thread bare to quick.

I tend to put on old nylon husky pants [lots o patches added] more often then not

Last edited:
I have good success with a companey in Salmon Arm BC; forget the name but it would not be hard to track them down if anyone is interested.

Canswe is the company - they make decent raingear as well - pretty much what anyone who works in the bush in BC wears.

http://www.canswe.com/index.php

Pants

PRISON BLUES......all the way.........made on the inside to be worn on the outside......their cheap too.....like 25 or 23 buck a pair....

I'm not a logger and haven't tried these but Duluth Trading Co makes some jeans w/ Kevlar thread in them that are guaranteed for five years. They are not chainsaw protection and cost ~$70 I believe.

In remodelling/construction we usually wear Carhartts duck or jeans, sometimes regular jeans. Dickies uniform pants just don't seam to cut it even though they are cooler in the summer, that's when we wear regular jeans.

Duct Duck tape for hemming pants

I'm shredding the cuffs of the tin pants I have. At this rate, they'll be shorts before the winter is over. I had even sewed a hem in them when I got them.
Should I try duct tape? What color? I'm thinking purple to match the patch on my boots. I also have gray and flourescent orange. The orange would go well with my hardhat and I'd be able to see where my legs are in the brush.
The gray, being a neutral color, would go with anything except I'm thinking that the purple is stronger tape. Suggestions?? :) :popcorn:

I'm shredding the cuffs of the tin pants I have. At this rate, they'll be shorts before the winter is over. I had even sewed a hem in them when I got them.
Should I try duct tape? What color? I'm thinking purple to match the patch on my boots. I also have gray and flourescent orange. The orange would go well with my hardhat and I'd be able to see where my legs are in the brush.
The gray, being a neutral color, would go with anything except I'm thinking that the purple is stronger tape. Suggestions?? :) :popcorn:

after several beers i'd use duct tape, a purple marker, and some staples to boot

:givebeer:

Dang! I think you must use duck tape for more repairs than anyone I know. Good thing you aren't a surgeon. :)

They aren't shredded too bad yet. The duct tape test is in progress. I went to a windsurfing camp and they duct taped elbows, ankles, blisters...

http://www.arboristsite.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=61459&stc=1&d=1198427300
attachment.php

The weather forecast was way off today. It was supposed to be 40s and snow level 2000 to 1500 feet elevation and rain. I wore my winter gear with tin pants over longjohns and the sun came out and I was hot. Anybody ever cut (with chaps of course) in longjohns? I seriously was thinking about it but knew if I did a van load of brush pickers would appear and it would just get weird. So I toughed it out. Just wondering? :)

Back