Logging trucks and equipment pics.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey Bob, do you know where this log was headed?

had to be one or the other lol. i shoulda left it alone for Bob i guess........sorry. where ya at Bob?

Yup, I remember that. My uncle knew the fallers on that job. He said they worked for two days making the lay for it but made it too short and busted out a lot of the top. Still a darn good falling and loading job though.

I remember Harbor Lanes, too. You could rent bowling shoes there that were wiped out inside with the same greasy rag that they wiped down the lunch counter with. Somehow we saw nothing wrong with that.

Dunno. The picture shows it northbound on 101 on the south side of Eureka. It had to travel through town and then north to McKinleyville.

I'm thinking maybe it came out of the Yager Creek country but it's just a wild guess. It's not debarked so i doubt if it's been to a mill. It has the taper of a very young second growth. There might still be a few people around who'll remember. I'll be over there next week and I'll ask around if you want.

I saw a empty log truck with front wheels off the highway and next to it, totally off the highway and part way up the bank, a small used to be blue car. The log truck was fine and left on it's own power after an interview with the Stater, but the formerly blue car went away on a wrecker. It was covered in dirt. Looked like a non-injury wreck.
Perhaps an explanation will be in Lewis County Sirens tomorrow? Stay tuned.

Ruh roh. There was an injury and the log truck driver got a ticket. From Lewis County Sirens:

RANDLE RESIDENT HURT IN WRECK
• A 65-year-old Randle man was hospitalized after his car was rear ended by a semi-truck on U.S. Highway 12 near Glenoma today. Troopers called about 11:20 a.m. to the scene found Freddie C. Rickets was stopped in his Ford Focus waiting for traffic at the intersection with Savio Road, according to the Washington State Patrol. A 2009 Kenworth tractor without any trailer stuck the rear of the car, according to the state patrol. Rickets was injured and transported by aid to Morton General Hospital, according to the investigating trooper. Bernard F. Horstman, 56, from Longview, wasn’t hurt but was cited for following too closely, the state patrol reports.

10171-1406439979-7e3ff83265a02d7d9c23bd979ba54eaf.jpg
A few pics from July 25,2014 all redwood.
[photo="medium"]1302[/photo]
10209-1406440111-e3d689edd83764d7b22849a20eb04e21.jpg

10208-1406440108-11db31819900f8d84cb2ebfeb0142c01.jpg
Big Short logs
10165-1406439960-cf9b9d5a457fc3de009500477f5700d6.jpg
The road thru the decks.
[photo="medium"]1302[/photo] This loader burned up the next day, we are blaming an electrical problem, it is being fixed and we are down a machine.

Latest posts

Back