Logging trucks and equipment pics.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This is our newest bad ass addition..... UN FREAKING REAL!

Attachments

• zz.jpg
    zz.jpg
    733 KB · Views: 70
  • z3.PNG
    z3.PNG
    70.6 KB · Views: 66

One of the factory guys from Timberpro (actually the grandson of inventor Pat Crawford) came out to our job with a drone. Took some cool film of the new buncher. Wood is comically small for a machine built for 32 inch diameter. Oh well, take whatever job you can get during spring breakup.

Great video. Thanks for that.

If that video is very recent you must be at relatively high elevation or right near the lake judging by the leaves on the popple.

Homesickness sets in again...

So far it seems pretty close to the same, 6-7 gallons per hour. Which is nice considering the new one has almost 100 more HP.
Nice hoping that they don't start requiring us to start doing the steep slope stuff since a company already has. Then the clear cutting they are all going that way.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

Actually we had to pay extra on this job. The company cut the rate cause it was breakup work and a two mile haul on the aspen. We had to pay the trucker extra ourselves to make it up. He requires x dollars an hour to run and does good prompt work.

Interesting. Do I know the trucker?

I finally found a truck for my last loads from last season. The mill will pay me around $730 for each load and they will pay the truck driver $720-$800. Seems like I should become a truck driver at this point. Alot less stuff to deal with and the same money. The problem is I don't want to be a truck driver.

The the same or close to it here. Trucking costs to the same or more than logging. Of course you can hold back some of the allotted trucking funds and find a cheaper guy.

We ve done that and guess what, you get what you pay for. Cheap trucking means more pushing/stuck/broke down trucks and less consistency.

One of the guys we hired in the past had two loads scattered all over the highway. Poorly maintained equipment and green drivers. Not worth it.

the going rate for a 12 cord semi load is 350.00 for a 60 mile trip one way. reliable delivery and on time when needed at a moments notice (2 days). ! the other guy, would deliver for 200.00 for the same load and takes 2 hours to load at the landing ? used him once for a fast delivery!? LOL so 1270D, is correct on "you get what you pay for or don't...

the going rate for a 12 cord semi load is 350.00 for a 60 mile trip one way. reliable delivery and on time when needed at a moments notice (2 days). ! the other guy, would deliver for 200.00 for the same load and takes 2 hours to load at the landing ? used him once for a fast delivery!? LOL so 1270D, is correct on "you get what you pay for or don't...

The going rate stated above is very similar to what I pay here, with unreliable service and a trucker that doesn't clean up after himself or carry outrigger pads for when loading on driveways or paved roads, put out cones when loading, turn hazards on when on roads, etc. Its a tough position for a producer to be in. There are very few truckers left per producer(ratio), so less competition.

Trucking is high. REAL high. I did some figuring on current roundwood trucking rates vs. OTR refrigerated, heavy haul/oversize, and dump truck rates. The roundwood rates are by far and away the highest, and overhead is similar(though less than a new refrigerated trailer, reefer, and new tractor to pull it). Home every night, short runs, good roads, very little to no waiting at loading site, often times no waiting at off load site. The same can not be said for any of the other trucking jobs. They often time have to wait for days for loads, shut down highways for storms, etc.
(Probably should be a whole other thread).

Tassler! How's it going up there? Cutting any decent wood lately?
I had a BLAST this spring. Lots of chain saw work with the old 372. About 70% logs. Quite a few over 30". Cleared lots since road limits went on. Big red and white pine. Back to cutting pulp with the processor on 40s now...

I had a BLAST this spring. Lots of chain saw work with the old 372. About 70% logs. Quite a few over 30". Cleared lots since road limits went on. Big red and white pine. Back to cutting pulp with the processor on 40s now...

Sounds fun! I wish pine grew big down here. I've been cutting a lot of ash. Nothing to write home about. Eab is getting pretty ugly now that everything is leafed out. I cut all the ash trees in my yard last winter anticipating it. It's too bad too because I'm cutting a lot of ash that just makes a sawlog that if it weren't for the stupid bug would be beautiful wood in 30 years. 60-70 ft to the first branch kind of stuff. Of course I'm taking all merch pulp on these sales too. It's actually getting difficult to market ash firewood because of the glut of it around here. Ash is becoming a dirty word.

Latest posts

Back