logstor into house

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rick2752

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
I am planning out my owb run into my house. I already had a wall framed up where it is going to enter. Can I make an elbow within 5 or 6 inches once inside the basement wall or would I be better to bring the pipe up to the surface and into schedule 40 to make the elbow go into the the house at the height of the floor joists.

feet...not inches...

it's miserable stuff to work with.

one of my zones was a house with no basement, i dug deep near the wall, and arched up, coming out of the ground straight up, then switched to copper and elbowed into the wall....

it bends a bit easier once the insulation and sleeve is cut off, but then you'll take a chance of kinking and collapsing the pex

I kinda figured the logstor itself wouldnt make the turn but was wondering if I could cut back the sheething and insulation and put elbows on the pex within 5 inches. If not I was considering bringing it up to the surface, outside the house and going into schedule 40 filled with foam to enter the house at floor joist level.

that's what i did. pex comes stiaight up out of the ground, then my compression fittings are 1" male thread, so i bought some female threaded sweats, 90'd, then into the wall...

doesn't have to be sch 40. i used some old 3" waste drain pipe
just don't put the romex in with it. the underground 12/2 i had was rated for 167F max...

Latest posts

Back