Lombard chainsaws

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So who bought the lombard off of the bay lastnight? I should have never have started this thread it going to run the prices off the chart like the poulan thread.

This is a carcass I picked up recently. I plan to find all the parts for it someday.
DSCF1322_zps0a27f7d2.jpg

DSCF1323_zpsa3a74bc4.jpg

DSCF1324_zpsaa6b5c66.jpg

Last edited:
Oh well, they only have a couple of models I'm interested in and I already have one and it should'nt be too hard to get the other lol.

Just don't see em much here in Ohio. Was surprised to see the 42 over in Massillon and figured it was worth a Sunday drive to check it out. It was. Got the plug to seat in the helicoil...for now. Just need to clean up that high lead situation and should be in decent shape there.

Air filter still needs replaced, but the choke rod was salvageable with a little gentle persuasion. The oiler and such remain mysteries until I can get it running to see what catches fire and what doesn't.

What still amazes me is that it's a 68.8 cc saw.

I got my lombard yesterday and it runs great but guess what......it smokes out the backyard. The oiler has to be leaking into the crankcase because it smells like SAE oil burning and its burning alot lol. Anyhow which of the elbows on the oil line has the valve in it and where can I get the poulan or homelite duckbill from? Does anybody have a link where to get one?

I found some homelite duckbills on the bay. Which saw uses the duckbill that I need? The SXL or the tree trimmer XL or what?

I got my lombard yesterday and it runs great but guess what......it smokes out the backyard. The oiler has to be leaking into the crankcase because it smells like SAE oil burning and its burning alot lol. Anyhow which of the elbows on the oil line has the valve in it and where can I get the poulan or homelite duckbill from? Does anybody have a link where to get one?

A Poulan/Husky duckbill works and fits a dab better. Seen one, seen 'em all.

The check is the elbow closest to the clutch cover.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Poulan-Sear...525?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item589dcf1dbd

Buy in quantity. They are used in all manner of Poulan and Husky fuel caps.

Last edited:
After this thread started, Gave me the nudge to
work on this AV model i have. I did Carls trick with
the Homelite duck bill in the oiler elbow and all is
well. No more smoking out the neighbor hood.

Just picked up another Lombard off the bay last night.
I know i paid to much for it but it's the second AV
model i've seen and it's all black and appears to be
original paint. Has anyone ever seen an all black
Lombard?

Lee

Lee I have two of them,one is Badged Dynamark,they are both very clean saws. Mabey I can get Carl to post a pic of them. I would love to find a black one with antivibe.

I picked up another lomard ap-42 today from craigslist. It runs great but needs a clutch. Can anybody tell me where I may be able to find one and possibly a sprocket and bearing also?

I picked up another lomard ap-42 today from craigslist. It runs great but needs a clutch. Can anybody tell me where I may be able to find one and possibly a sprocket and bearing also?

IIRK they use a Hoffco Comet clutch. But. one from a Homie SXL might work.

I'll check the milk crate saw.

The spur/drum is Oregon# 30688. 3/8" x 7.

Edit: Checked on the Homie clutch and it is a no go.

Last edited:
Carl, I have an Oregon drum with rim setup here with a part number of 68090 that I thought was for the p-42/Comango saws? I found doing a google search of "Oregon 68090". It is an arboristsite post where someone needed several sprocket identities. :confused: Anyone have an old Oregon catalog that might have this old number in it?

Latest posts

Back