Lombard chainsaws

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
IIRK they use a Hoffco Comet clutch. But. one from a Homie SXL might work.

I'll check the milk crate saw.

The spur/drum is Oregon# 30688. 3/8" x 7.

Edit: Checked on the Homie clutch and it is a no go.

I actually think my spur is good just was not sure if it was the correct one. I need a clutch for sure though it won't stop spinning at idle no matter how low I adjust it and if I grab it to try to stop it it will stall the saw. Did you ever get a chance to check the milkcrate saw?

I actually think my spur is good just was not sure if it was the correct one. I need a clutch for sure though it won't stop spinning at idle no matter how low I adjust it and if I grab it to try to stop it it will stall the saw. Did you ever get a chance to check the milkcrate saw?

Clutch was junk. Shoes worn off real crooked and one spring missing.

This is a carcass I picked up recently. I plan to find all the parts for it someday.
DSCF1322_zps0a27f7d2.jpg

DSCF1323_zpsa3a74bc4.jpg

DSCF1324_zpsaa6b5c66.jpg

Someone posted Lombard parts on the Old Mag. Swap thread yesterday. http://www.arboristsite.com/chainsaw-stickies/192591-90.htm#post4272664

I have a clutch cover, air cleaner cover and recoil.....................................................................................

Last edited:
Someone posted Lombard parts on the Old Mag. Swap thread yesterday. http://www.arboristsite.com/chainsaw-stickies/192591-90.htm#post4272664

I have a clutch cover, air cleaner cover and recoil.....................................................................................

I sent him a message. Thank you very much for remembering me. If there is anything you might be interested in I have..... several poulan saws, parts, couple a big homelites, basically a lot of stuff I will never get around to fixing. Just shoot me a pm of what you need for the parts, trade or cash. Thanks again.

Lombard sprocket

I picked up another lomard ap-42 today from craigslist. It runs great but needs a clutch. Can anybody tell me where I may be able to find one and possibly a sprocket and bearing also?
MS460woodchuck
Checking my Oregon power mate sprocket list and it says 68019 for AP42 Lombard. I have two of them with 3/8 rim but that could be changed.
chainsawlady

That saw was made through several ownership changes -- I seem to recall American Lincoln and Desa as well as Campbell-Hausfeld. The basic saw design stayed pretty much the same except for the AV and chain oiling. I still flip one now and then. I have been paying around $40 at pawnshops for sound runners. They are easy to work on. I wonder if the design was copied from the XL-12.

I used to wonder if they weren't a copy of the XL-12 myself! Look just like them but ran better i think! Used one in the 70's pulp logging in Carver. Great running saw, but remember the oiler being a problem. Loud too!!

This Lombard Super L something arrived today. I think it's a Super L60
but not to sure. Don't know if it's the AH47 or AH58 motor. Has sweet
compression but thats as far as i have gone except a good cleaning.
It's a well used saw and someday will get her up and running.

Lee

Last edited:
This Lombar Super L something arrived today. I think it's a Super L60
but not to sure. Don't know if it's the AH47 or AH58 motor. Has sweet
compression but thats as far as i have gone except a good cleaning.
It's a well used saw and someday will get her up and running.

Lee

looks like the ah58, the 58's have a removable head..................:)

wanted to add, this series of the 58 are the "third port" version, also checked mikes site, it lists this saw having an ah47, but it still looks like a ah58 to me..................040

Last edited:
my bad.......there were two variations of the ah47, yours should be the ah47 with the third port design, just wanted to add...............040.........;)

Spoke with Carl on the phone last night and got inspired to look a little closer at an old Lombard I've got . Found the recoil pully was broke in half. Looking it over and found everything else to be there, except bar and chain. An old XL12 pully fixed the recoil. Found out it has spark and will pop on fuel dribbled in the carb. Looks very promising, all I need is a bar and chain. I think it will make a good runner. Thanks for the inspiration Carl.

Latest posts

Back