Loneliness

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The best times I have had in quite some time or many years. I have a timber project that is closed to the public that is several hours from civilization. Very much wildlife where as the Mule Deer seem to accept me and dwell around my camp. The bears stay away more but come to check camp out none the less. My guard dog does not allow any thing including a mouse from getting close with out making a huge racket. The Mountain Lion concerns me but ""Sandy" does not tolerate uninvited guests. I get set up in my shelter and stay for a few weeks at a time. Very very pleasant. I do not seem to have time to get lonely. Thanks
That's fantastic. No people and a dog in the great outdoors.

Sorry about Smokie.
Our Brandi sheds terrible year round if her only fault.

Smokes chewed on a car cover the first night I adopted him from the shelter. From that day forward, he only wanted to please me. This picture captured his attitude perfectly.

80-smokie_smile_4174820363f2820d4ef5f0674b8fa8043c0b8911.jpg

I worked a sewer/water main job years ago as a young buck, as a laborer. We had the area tore up for a year. The mechanic that serviced all the heavy equipment had a sheep/cattle working dog of some type. He would ride on top of the truck cab going down the road. Everyone in the area saw that, and got to know the dog. His name was Rotten.

I worked a sewer/water main job years ago as a young buck, as a laborer. We had the area tore up for a year. The mechanic that serviced all the heavy equipment had a sheep/cattle working dog of some type. He would ride on top of the truck cab going down the road. Everyone in the area saw that, and got to know the dog. His name was Rotten.
Ours loves to ride anything. I trained her as a pup to ride the 4 wheeler. I have a piece of conveyor belt strapped over the gas tank for her front feet and she has her rear feet on the front of the seat. She leans back against me. She remembers every bump or rough place and braces herself when we near one. Very intelligent dog.

I am in the same boat, no dog though, I be sick that often there would be no one to look after it.
Neighbor has dogs here, its been one full year since I got to sleep with them, he will do nothing about them,
I used to look forward to going to the wood to get a break from the barking, until I broke my ankle and nearly
tore my arm off, that ended going to the woods to get a hours sleep in my car from barking, some real
bad people out there, but at the end of the day, I have faith in the Lord, and in His ability to deal with trouble.

Looking forward to getting out and about again, but its going to be a while, cant go to the hospital here, its riddled
with covid, so have had to let my ankle and arm go without treatment, changed times, I also got no family, they deserted
me when I became a Christian, and when I got sick and was no good to them, that put the final nail in the coffin, so yes,
I do understand loneliness, I spend all day every day alone, no church family either, sadly when you are not flush with cash
or from the right background here, you don't matter, I always remember my first Christian experience, a white south african
pastor, he said when they start talking about money its time to find a new Church, that Church went down hill when he left
to go back to the US with his wife, he trusted in God for everything, every bite, the roof over his head and the cloths he wore,
he was able to speak of God like he knew Him personally, which he did, he made the message of Christ so clear, you could not
miss it, not could you spend enough time listening to him share it, I had a true friend in this man, he pretended nothing, he was
genuine, sadly we are continents apart now.

My message is to remain encouraged, nothing in this world is worth even a fraction of the credit we give it, it will all pass, we can
fork out every cent we own on what ever we care to, truth is we still don't own it, we are only using it while we are here, just like we
never paid for it, its all about the next big step to the after life, to the paradise we were promised by a heavenly father that loves us,
they can take the guns, the money the election and everything else they care to, but they can't take your future, a future beyond our wildest
imagination, loneliness is a struggle I know well, but am not truly alone, and neither are you.

My 2 yo Golden/something loves to have his evening walk. Tolerates my wife's rabbit on long trips, which is pretty amazing really.

Attachments

• Bodhi.jpg
    Bodhi.jpg
    55.7 KB · Views: 7
I am in the same boat, no dog though, I be sick that often there would be no one to look after it.
Neighbor has dogs here, its been one full year since I got to sleep with them, he will do nothing about them,
I used to look forward to going to the wood to get a break from the barking, until I broke my ankle and nearly
tore my arm off, that ended going to the woods to get a hours sleep in my car from barking, some real
bad people out there, but at the end of the day, I have faith in the Lord, and in His ability to deal with trouble.

Looking forward to getting out and about again, but its going to be a while, cant go to the hospital here, its riddled
with covid, so have had to let my ankle and arm go without treatment, changed times, I also got no family, they deserted
me when I became a Christian, and when I got sick and was no good to them, that put the final nail in the coffin, so yes,
I do understand loneliness, I spend all day every day alone, no church family either, sadly when you are not flush with cash
or from the right background here, you don't matter, I always remember my first Christian experience, a white south african
pastor, he said when they start talking about money its time to find a new Church, that Church went down hill when he left
to go back to the US with his wife, he trusted in God for everything, every bite, the roof over his head and the cloths he wore,
he was able to speak of God like he knew Him personally, which he did, he made the message of Christ so clear, you could not
miss it, not could you spend enough time listening to him share it, I had a true friend in this man, he pretended nothing, he was
genuine, sadly we are continents apart now.

My message is to remain encouraged, nothing in this world is worth even a fraction of the credit we give it, it will all pass, we can
fork out every cent we own on what ever we care to, truth is we still don't own it, we are only using it while we are here, just like we
never paid for it, its all about the next big step to the after life, to the paradise we were promised by a heavenly father that loves us,
they can take the guns, the money the election and everything else they care to, but they can't take your future, a future beyond our wildest
imagination, loneliness is a struggle I know well, but am not truly alone, and neither are you.
Have you tried running a window or floor fan just for a constant noise.
I worked in a paper mill for 43 years and half of that was the night shift.
When something was going on in the neighborhood causing noise, the fan really helped.

Latest posts

Back