Looking for a blower for my wood stove

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TKO-KID

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
anyone have any ideas on where to get a blower for my wood stove.

It has a plate on the back which I am guessing where the blower is supposed to go and the plate is 14 inches wide by 6 inched tall.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

check out grainger. I have purchased on from them that runs just about non stop from Oct-April, and its been on there for 3 years.

do the blowers really help? i have thought of putting one on mine a have around but i wasent sure how much it would really do.

Fasco is a popular company for fans like this in case you want to google them. Make sure the CFM of the fan you get is up to snuff.

I have modded a granger fan on 2 stoves by simply making an adapter plate. I purposely bought a low flow quiet fan as most are so noisy they drive me nuts. The one I got has a round mounting flange and the airflow is regulated by a sliding cover that closes over the intake. It doesn't push air like the OEM one but has a tenth the noise level.

I have modded a granger fan on 2 stoves by simply making an adapter plate. I purposely bought a low flow quiet fan as most are so noisy they drive me nuts. The one I got has a round mounting flange and the airflow is regulated by a sliding cover that closes over the intake. It doesn't push air like the OEM one but has a tenth the noise level.

You don't happen to have a pic of how you mounted yours do ya?

What I was think of doing was putting a heat sheild behind mine and kind of wrapping around the side a little and mounting the blower to the heat shield in between the stove and the shield.

Do you think that would work or would it be a bad idea because of the heat that would build up between there.

Heat shield is not necessary as essentially you already have a shield built int the stove. The blower mounts to the back of the stove that has an air space between it and the fire box. Yes the fan will get warm when you don't run it but not enough to hurt it.

So on the back where it has a rectangle plate with for scresw/bolts in it I should mount it their but leave the plate on just remove the screws/bolts and mount on the back of that plate.

I Will posts pics in a few minutes.

choice of motor depends upon cpf requirements and loudness you are willing to tolerate.

it's a good idea to use a thermo fan switch. graingers has both.

mine also has a reo-stat allowing me to turn fan on low when stove is warming up to temps. my JUCA weights 500+ lbs and takes 15-20 minutes from dead cold to operating temps. yours may not need this option

be sure to construct some type of filter system for intake. mine uses a static-charge filter material.

Last edited:
I made my plate out of 1/4" thick aluminum so I could tap the plate and run screws in without nuts and to eliminate warping. Is that plate on there for maintenance access or to heat exchanger? Mine is to simply plug in when I want to run it and the simplicity of the volume control.....well just to simple. I'm not home or I would take a pic.

here is the back of the stove

In the photo you posted I don't think that plate is meant to be a location for a fan - I 'think' that is the location for optional rear vent. Right now, you have your stove set for top vent. Typically a stove set up with a knockout plate for a fan has the knockout plate located very near the bottom of the stove. In the photo you posted the 'plate' is located way too high on the backside which is why I think that plate is for a optional rear vent install.

Shari

Yeah what wife 'n hubby said. If you look at the dimensions, the rear plate is the exact size of the top vent base.

could the spot where it says the model and manufacturer of the stove be the right spot?

There is also a very small round hole with a metal plate that slide open on the bottom, but I figured that was for an air intake.

Can you post a picture of the front of your stove? I am not familiar with your stove design so a photo might help answer your questions.

Shari

A lot of people have good luck using ceiling fans to circulate heat. One of those cheap 12" oscillating fans on low speed set a few feet from the stove away works nice too.

Ken05,

Ceiling fans are great but as far as a floor fan facing the stove that depends on whether or not the stove is burned with closed glass doors. It sounds like this is an older stove and the user might be burning with open doors/screen. Open doors and a fan blowing into the firebox (even if from a distance) could be an invitation to disaster - that's why I asked the OP to post a photo of his stove.

Shari

Back