Looking for a blower for my wood stove

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
well while you where posting I tried to remove the plate with the model number and manufactures name and it does not have a hole behind it. Just the two hole for the screws.

I will go take a pic of the fron of the stove, brb

I usuaaly burn it with the doors shut Because I am not in there sometimes when it is burning. When I am in there I open the doors and put the screen in/on.

I tried using my cyclone round box fan but it didn't work as well as planned . But I was blowing up and over it. I will try below But the fan I have is very strong even at its lowest setting. So I was wooried it would blow crap all over the place. My fan is like this one.http://www.pronto.com/mpm/LASKO-3520-20-Cyclone-Pivot-10305513702-CG

Thanks again for all help so far.

This is a crude way to do it but it works good for me . I just placed a stanley fan behind my napolean stove

http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/dd71/timberguy/DSCF0673.jpg

Nothing wrong with that setup as long as your fan isn't affected by the radiant heat from the stove.

Newer stoves with fans are set up to blow the air up and over the top of the stoves so that the heat goes directly out the front of the stove. Your set up is basically doing the same thing.

Placing a fan in front of a stove can adversly affect the normal cold air intake of a stove and can adversly affect the normal cold air flow into the stove.

As a stove puts off heat, the heat rises. If there are cold 'spots' in your home it is normally better to help the air circulation within your home. Example: Cold in the bedroom? Put a fan on the floor near the door of your bedroom and face the fan in the direction of the stove. Add one of those small fans to the upper doorway of your bedroom blowing air into your bedroom. Hot air is high, cold air is low. Get the cold air to the stove = cold air gets warmed faster = balanced air circulation & balance heat flow.

Shari

Latest posts

Back