Looking for a echo 500vl recoil

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jtracy1223

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
(Put this up in the trading post but thought I would throw it up here for more traffic) "I got a nice clean 500vl from a member here. Needs a new spool for the recoil. I think they call it a "recoil drum"? But the recoil is in pieces and I would really rather buy the whole thing if someone had one for a fair price. Think there is one on ebay but its more than I was looking to pay considering the price of a good parts saw was not much more. Let me know what you got. Thanks: jeff"

a9eve9eh.jpg
ypu8y8ar.jpg

like this i dont have one to sell but do a search here and check your serial number (if you get lucky i call dibs on your good air filter cover) johndeere had the same model I believe i think it it would have been the 50v that may strike you some luck keep looking tho they are a solid saw

like this i dont have one to sell but do a search here and check your serial number (if you get lucky i call dibs on your good air filter cover) johndeere had the same model I believe i think it it would have been the 50v that may strike you some luck keep looking tho they are a solid saw
I am thinking that the JD equivalent was the 55v, but cant remember for sure.

Will a 452 work?

Not sure? Anyone else know what will and won't switch out on these saws? Ya I checked the ser#. No new saw :( o well I didn't buy it to get a new saw...... but I would have taken one if this one was part of the recall :D

The recall is in effect. However you do not get a saw of equal size. You will get a CS450. A few years ago you got a CS530. But for some reason according to echo the 450 has the same power as the 500 did and is the same power as the now discontinued 530. My dad had one and waited to send it in to get the new 500 and got a 450 instead. He called echo and this was there explanation as to why he would not get a 500. He is not happy with the 450.

The recall is in effect. However you do not get a saw of equal size. You will get a CS450. A few years ago you got a CS530. But for some reason according to echo the 450 has the same power as the 500 did and is the same power as the now discontinued 530. My dad had one and waited to send it in to get the new 500 and got a 450 instead. He called echo and this was there explanation as to why he would not get a 500. He is not happy with the 450.

My saw falls in the 0530*** numbers so no new saw 450 or 500. To my understanding it has to be under 0230*** to be recalled.

Do a Muff mod and you will be happy! Hey It's a free saw! I have a CS440 and I think it's pretty good without a moff mod and a lot lighter than the 500

Lee

If you have a Muff mod done he will be happy. I have a CS440 and I think it is pretty good without the Muff mod, although I will do one on it.
Hey It's a FREE saw!

Lee

OPPS looks like I've got an echo!

Last edited:
Thanks guys. Got one from a member here. Can't wait to get this saw up and running.

Back