Looking for a Jonsered 630 super for parts

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mifirewoodguy

I live off of 2 stroke gas and fresh cut oak.
Reaction score
I have a Jonsered 630 super in need of a chain brake cover and clutch, anyone with parts feel free to contact me at my e-mail address [email protected].... Also can anyone tell me what other chain break covers and clutches might be interchangeable??? thanks....LCW

Those from 625,670 will fit,but check the clutch because some were fine threads and others coarse,depending of serial number.Brake from Husky 266,268,272 will fit too,but you will have to cut the part of the lower section that goes over the handle.Clutch too will fit,just watch for the right threads.

Hioctane!
Thanks I have a junk 272 laying around, Ill have to check the clutch see if it'll work. Thanks again

Depends on condition but they run around 25 to 35 complete.

may be less if I have usable really ugly ones but I doubt there are any of those left.

All the locals have been scarfing any cheap parts to wring the last out of those era saws.

PES,
From the sounds of it seems this saw might be somewhat a collectors item???
Its a saw that Ive had sitting around for some time and just threw it together with some spare parts I had and found out it runs pretty good. I'd like to restore it to its original condition, not a show piece but atleast with all the OEM parts. Any ways 25-35 bucks doesnt seem to bad. Let me know if ya have a red chain brake cover.. Hey by the way did these saws have a plastic chain barke handle like I see on the new husky's or a steel one like on the old husky 61's 272's ect... let me know ok....thanks ..Lee Mifirewodguy

Dug the saw out of the basket and come to find out it has neither the clutch or the chain brake so I'm looking for parts...

I will be getting some more of that style J-reds in later this week or early next week.

I have not been able to find a complete side cover with all the brake parts as yet.

If need be I can put a complete unit together from parts.....but getting the time is the tricky parts.

Quick question,
I've been keeping my eyes open on the e-bay for a jonny 630 or 630 super for parts and found a cpl the other day. They went for over 65.00 each but looked complete, just didnt run or were burnt up inside. What would be a good price for a complete 630 parts saw????? I was thinking 100.00 or so but was out bid at 65.00....Lee

Latest posts

Back