Looking for a smaller saw for limbing

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well I have several rear handle saws and like them for working on the ground. I've always liked top handle saws when I'm climbing because they have much better control and balance in my opinion.

get the 192T

I wanted to put this here also to get a few more responses. I'm looking for a small limbing saw. I want something top handle with a 12 inch bar so I can move around a bit when I'm working. I have several larger saws for anything bigger than that. I'm open to all brands but would like to stick with Husky if possible.

I use a McCulloch Mini Mac 30,35,or Mac 110 for limb work. Great little saws for that job. These saws can handle up to a 16" bar if you want one that long. I run mine with a 12" bar, with 3/8 pitch chains. Bruce.

I have a 10 year love affair going on with my Stihl 019T. She never takes a sick day and never talks back!

Last edited:
just picked up a echo 330 for $100 and can wait to gut the muffler re tune the carb and see what kind of beating it will take.. oh and eric JM olddirty and the other "Stihl only sisters" zip it, we already know your opinion, its on page three of the Stihl website. LOL you guys kill me ...but my 361 did cure my sisters lukemia.....

Still runs my little old stihl 009. That I bought used for $40.00 about 6 years ago. Hasn't done anything but routine maint. to it.:cheers:

Latest posts

Back