Looking for diamensions for log splitter catch tray

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Here's mine, I built it with a single pivot off the end of the beam so it flips up. You could also rig it with a reciever square tube setup so it would just drop on and it would be removable. I don't remember the exact measurements but I will post them up later for you!

DSCF0004-13.jpg

DSCF0003-10.jpg

DSCF0008-2.jpg

DSCF0005-8.jpg

Blazin,

Question on your table: On the lift side there is a pretty clear shot between the lift and the receiving table. One the opposite side there is a space between the cradle and the table. Do you have any problem with splits falling through or jamming up in that area?

EDIT: Looks awesome, by the way!

Shari

Blazin,

Question on your table: On the lift side there is a pretty clear shot between the lift and the receiving table. One the opposite side there is a space between the cradle and the table. Do you have any problem with splits falling through or jamming up in that area?

EDIT: Looks awesome, by the way!

Shari

Thanks! Never had a problem yet since most of my wood is 24" for my OWB, I have done a bunch of 16" for the camp without the 4 way and never had any issues. I was gonna extend the cradle side orignally but I did'nt want it to hang to low folded up, with a drop on removable one you could make it as close as you wanted.

Thanks! Never had a problem yet since most of my wood is 24" for my OWB, I have done a bunch of 16" for the camp without the 4 way and never had any issues. I was gonna extend the cradle side orignally but I did'nt want it to hang to low folded up, with a drop on removable one you could make it as close as you wanted.

One of these days I might be 'cutting to length' but so far the vast majority of the wood I scrounge is already cut to 'what ever' length so I do get some shorties - that's why I asked about that space. I can see on the opposite side though how that downward facing 'fin' on the table could guide a short split on to table.

Shari

Blazin has the best one I have seen. He sent me pics about a year ago. Going to start picking up some steel to build on soon.

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

Here's a pic of my table! It works well for the wood I split. Just have to watch your fingers, when its sliding along.:) I never did measure it!

That'll do you fine, a table sure saves on the back from bendin over more than needed! Make sure to post pics! :cheers:

Back