Looking for firewood in SE PA, Chester County

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pl_silverado

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
I just started heating my new home with wood, and am going to run out of seasoned wood in the next week or two....i already have a pile going for next year.

I'm looking either for free wood, or to purchase a few cords from someone reputable. The problem i have is that i don't know who is reputable around these parts.

Can anyone on here help, or recommend a place? I'm located in West Chester, PA.

Thanks!

I have quite a bit of good seasoned wood if you would like to come and take a look. My phone number is 610 793 1256. I right in Chadds Ford about 10-15 minutes away if even that.

I just started heating my new home with wood, and am going to run out of seasoned wood in the next week or two....i already have a pile going for next year.

I'm looking either for free wood, or to purchase a few cords from someone reputable. The problem i have is that i don't know who is reputable around these parts.

Can anyone on here help, or recommend a place? I'm located in West Chester, PA.

Thanks!

As a now-licensed wood-scrounger, you are authorized to avail yourself of any and all abandoned raw or processed timber. :biggrinbounce2:

Ya don't have to buy it. Construction lumber scraps, like from dump or job-site, or skids burn very nicely given that they're free. Ditto windfall or storm damage from trees- think, waiting at curb for pickup.

Cheapie circ-saw works great for breaking up skids; you KNOW in your bones that you're going to have to buy a chainsaw, no? ;) How much of an excuse do you need?

A wood-scrounger hath no pride. Welcome to the fraternity.

Almost forgot, for the future, if you have space to deliver and process 16' or so logs, a cost-efficient way of buying wood is to buy log-loader-full from loggers; they turn a few bucks from culls. BTDT, this is a serious project.

As a now-licensed wood-scrounger, you are authorized to avail yourself of any and all abandoned raw or processed timber. :biggrinbounce2:

Ya don't have to buy it. Construction lumber scraps, like from dump or job-site, or skids burn very nicely given that they're free. Ditto windfall or storm damage from trees- think, waiting at curb for pickup.

Cheapie circ-saw works great for breaking up skids; you KNOW in your bones that you're going to have to buy a chainsaw, no? ;) How much of an excuse do you need?

A wood-scrounger hath no pride. Welcome to the fraternity.

Almost forgot, for the future, if you have space to deliver and process 16' or so logs, a cost-efficient way of buying wood is to buy log-loader-full from loggers; they turn a few bucks from culls. BTDT, this is a serious project.

Thank you for the welcome.

I've already been scavenging every piece i can get my hands on ;)

i have plenty of space to process 16' logs, and would love to buy a log load from loggers, i just don't know where to find them in my area yet.

I always have good luck asking contractors in the area. I just got a tri axle load (almost full) delivered FREE from an excavator company in Coatsville they just didn't want to take it to the dump.

I just remembered, about 5 or 6 years ago I got a dump truck load of slab wood from a mill in Elverson/Morgantown cheap. it was well seasoned when they delivered it.

Back