looking for free firewood

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Let me get this straight...looking for free wood but you are going to be picky about what kinda of wood it is? Just sayin.
Welcome to Lancaster county, pa. Happens all the time, people say they want it then complain it's too big of diameter wood or its to small. Blah blah blah. I have a few people that don't complain about anything so they get my wood or it turns into bonefire wood.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

Let me get this straight...looking for free wood but you are going to be picky about what kinda of wood it is? Just sayin.

OHH NO! Here we go again. Its like a ride I want to get off!

Look man, if you start now then this guy's thread will stay up at the top all winter and probably into spring before we all get done rehashing this topic with this guy.

It is L. L.

This is his scheme for his firewood business that he runs out of his Caddy.
He hasn't been around for awhile but now I see he is making his rounds on the prowl for a load of top choice.

Ya'll can have at him if use wants, I'm sure he will go before yuns go but it could be fun... again.

I like the kind that asks for free wood n doesn't come n get it until a month or so later, or wants it delivered and stacked in the rear corner of the yard....then complains for 1 reason or another.

Welcome to Lancaster county, pa. Happens all the time, people say they want it then complain it's too big of diameter wood or its to small. Blah blah blah. I have a few people that don't complain about anything so they get my wood or it turns into bonefire wood.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk
not real pickey
realy only like any hard woods firewood

Maybe it is L.L. trying to get a free supply line set up, then turn and sell to the Amish, calling it holy wood or sumtin.

I had a guy this fall offer some free wood. He had some leaning Box Elders searching for sun in the middle of his back yard. I dropped them missing his septic vent tubes, flowers, and bushes and he took care of the scrap. It all works out, he got rid of the trees and I got 2 truck loads of wood.

I had a guy this fall offer some free wood. He had some leaning Box Elders searching for sun in the middle of his back yard. I dropped them missing his septic vent tubes, flowers, and bushes and he took care of the scrap. It all works out, he got rid of the trees and I got 2 truck loads of wood.

Yeah, sure, if you call boxelder "wood". Pretty active imagination there for the two of you, making crap like that sound good. I hope you charged him for disposing of his treasure. You mainly got two truckloads of water.

Yeah, sure, if you call boxelder "wood". Pretty active imagination there for the two of you, making crap like that sound good. I hope you charged him for disposing of his treasure. You mainly got two truckloads of water.
LOL ! You do have to dry it first! The Box Elder does work great early or late in the year when I don't need the BTU's. Getting rid of his "treasure" must have made him happy as he wants a row of mature Black Locust taken out now.

I've had a few folks call or come by the shop asking if we can help them out, they are down on their luck.

I tell them I can give them a pickup load of cottonwood for a few bucks (cover my time and fuel at least). Most are very happy and many have come back and paid for it later. BUT get a few.... "Oh nevermind, I won't touch that crap". Or expect me to haul it for free, usually way out in BFE.
Dunno, seems to me if you are cold you wouldn't be too fussy. One guy I know told me that one year he would go to the phone company and take all the old phone books and that's what he heated with.

The best one was a guy that called wanting me to clean up his brush piles for the "firewood" out of it. Sent me pictures, biggest "log" was maybe 3" across. He got pissed at me when I said I wasn't interested.
One last week wanted us to come get some spruce, maybe 4 cords worth, a few might have been ok saw logs. Wanted a cabin built for payment... a cabin we would sell for about $7k. yeah.....

Wait Gunny : you want FREE firewood in the middle of winter....and you're picky...NOW ?
No real "Gunny" we know would dare . Would dare. You will be flammed. Flambayed.
What happened to April, May, June, etc...... ?
You're really looking to get a rise out of us......right ? Please say it is so. :cry::cry::sucks:

Latest posts

Back