Looking for wood furnace

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think it may melt. They stress not to fire untill its full of water and free of air. The braze melts at around 1400 deg.

Did you get the schematics yet? If you put the fan on high, should keep it cool enough to take it out.

75 degrees. I turned it to 74. Kinda warm in here. Been used to crappy proPAIN heat and 70 deg house.

Thanks Laampa!

I haven't used the T-stat yet. Only use it to see what the temp is in the house. May unwire it.

Don't ever need it. Load some wood in. The low speed fan kicks in and the temps fly past the T-stat set point. Its been a month and t-stat has never kicked on when there is fuel in the furnace.

Told you it would be worth the wait...:msp_biggrin:

OH. I knew it would be well worth it!!

So I burned a total of 5 sticks of wood last night. At 5:30pm I put in 4 sticks of wood to start it up. By 7pm it was 76 in the house. 77 at 10pm when I went to bed I loaded one stick of wood in it for the night. I got up at 6am it was 73 in the house and a nice pile of coals. Raked them around and to the grate. Put 3 pieces in for the day. LOL. It won't need it but I'm sure the wife and kids will enjoy the warm house while getting ready this morning!!! :laugh:

Maybe next week I'll be able to add more than 3 sticks of wood at a time. Suppose to be in the 40s as a high and 20s for lows.

OH. I knew it would be well worth it!!

So I burned a total of 5 sticks of wood last night. At 5:30pm I put in 4 sticks of wood to start it up. By 7pm it was 76 in the house. 77 at 10pm when I went to bed I loaded one stick of wood in it for the night. I got up at 6am it was 73 in the house and a nice pile of coals. Raked them around and to the grate. Put 3 pieces in for the day. LOL. It won't need it but I'm sure the wife and kids will enjoy the warm house while getting ready this morning!!! :laugh:

Maybe next week I'll be able to add more than 3 sticks of wood at a time. Suppose to be in the 40s as a high and 20s for lows.
WOW!
When you say "sticks" what do you mean exactly? Sticks like what momma beat us with as kids, sticks like the dog likes to carry around, or sticks like "rounds."

Btw, what are you heating, size and insulation wise?

It be nice if winter would come and stay, huh? This back and forth is enough to drive a wood burner nutty(er)!

Told you it would be worth the wait...:msp_biggrin:

WOW!
When you say "sticks" what do you mean exactly? Sticks like what momma beat us with as kids, sticks like the dog likes to carry around, or sticks like "rounds."

Btw, what are you heating, size and insulation wise?

It be nice if winter would come and stay, huh? This back and forth is enough to drive a wood burner nutty(er)!

These were all 4-6" splits of white oak approx 18" long.

I am heating a 3000sq ft house with a walk out basement. I have 1521sq ft upstairs and same in basement. We bought the house new in 04' and it is very well insulated. I have 20-24" of blown insulation in the attic.

Yes. I wished the weather would figure out what it wanted to do. I am happy that it's been mild since I just got the furnace hooked up and running last night and it's nearly mid dec.

These were all 4-6" splits of white oak approx 18" long.

I am heating a 3000sq ft house with a walk out basement. I have 1521sq ft upstairs and same in basement. We bought the house new in 04' and it is very well insulated. I have 20-24" of blown insulation in the attic.

Yes. I wished the weather would figure out what it wanted to do. I am happy that it's been mild since I just got the furnace hooked up and running last night and it's nearly mid dec.

Brent, I told you you needed to get a new modern stove. Now, lets see who of us uses less wood!
I have 7 years of wood split and stacked, and now im getting ready to move!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:angry:

Brent, I told you you needed to get a new modern stove. Now, lets see who of us uses less wood!
I have 7 years of wood split and stacked, and now im getting ready to move!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:angry:

I may be partisan but my money is on the Kuuma!! Let's not forget about less emissions (no smoke) either.

I may be partisan but my money is on the Kuuma!! Let's not forget about less emissions (no smoke) either.

Come on now guys, with all due respect, while I think your furnaces are well built and the control system is WAY cool, what you mean to say is "very little visible smoke," right? I'm mean we are burning wood here, that's not medical grade oxygen coming out the stack. ;)

Come on now guys, with all due respect, while I think your furnaces are well built and the control system is WAY cool, what you mean to say is "very little visible smoke," right? I'm mean we are burning wood here, that's not medical grade oxygen coming out the stack. ;)

I dunno. But walking out to my truck this morning smelled SOOOO dang good!!!

Correct, but what I really mean to say is proven test results under 1 gr/hr hour of emissions. This is why our furnace is so unique because we are burning wood. I haven't seen any other independent test results under 5 gr/hr of emissions on indoor wood furnaces. I would love to see the actual test results from Caddy, Yukon, etc, proving different but they are no where to be found.

Correct, but what I really mean to say is proven test results under 1 gr/hr hour of emissions. This is why our furnace is so unique because we are burning wood. I haven't seen any other independent test results under 5 gr/hr of emissions on indoor wood furnaces. I would love to see the actual test results from Caddy, Yukon, etc, proving different but they are no where to be found.

Yup, I would too, just for curiosity sake.

Last edited:
Back